What's new

Little Martin De Candre help please?

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
My two main soaps are MDC and Ethos, both are incredible. The lid off thing is just for letting the water evaporate after using it, once dry put lid on. It lasts forever.

Doug
The wood and the glass bowls don't have lids, that was my concern about drying and loss of scent.

The wood and the glass bowls don't have lids, that was my concern about drying and loss of scent.
Don't worry about the loss of scent, as it's very mild anyways.

Get the Rose (as I have), you can literally use it with any aftershave, be it Bay Rum, Barbershop, Fougere, Citrusy, Acquatic, Colonia-like, anything.

You can thank me later 😉

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I have never gotten the glass bowls or wood, I always put my lid back on after letting it dry out sometimes over night, but apparently putting the lid back on is not required, doing it the way I do, it has not dried out or lost its scent
That's the reason I'm torn. My experience tells me I need a lid. I'm worried a bowl with no lid will lose scent over time like every single soap I've ever owned.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Don't worry about the loss of scent, as it's very mild anyways.

Get the Rose (as I have), you can literally use it with any aftershave, be it Bay Rum, Barbershop, Fougere, Citrusy, Acquatic, Colonia-like, anything.

You can thank me later 😉
If I do this, I am getting one of every scent. That's the primary reason I'm concerned. That's a lot of soap, and there's a strong possibility that I'll never get to the bottom of every bowl.

If I do this, I am getting one of every scent. That's the primary reason I'm concerned. That's a lot of soap, and there's a strong possibility that I'll never get to the bottom of every bowl.
Then get their "6 pack" directly from the MdC online shop. It's all 6 soaps in 50g travel size containers.

The "Oooh, that's really nice" part of me wants the wood and glass bowls, but the "Use your head dummy" part of me is telling me to get the lidded jars.
Had the same dilemma last year and ended getting 4 glass jars with lids straight from the Factory : original, rose, Fougère and Agrumes. They sent 3 bar soaps samples with them. My favorite changes each month. For last 2 months my favorite has been the Original because it provides a sensorial experience. IMO lid is more convenient.
IMG_20210716_172104.jpg

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Not a bad idea, but 183 euros plus shipping for 300 grams of soap seems a bit cost prohibitive to me.
It works out to about .70 cents per gram. That's a better price than my original calculation for ordering six 50 gram jars individually which was .90 cents per gram.

Reactions: Jut

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Congrats, Phil @luvmysuper . You're living the B&B mantra of "buy one of each!" I only have the Original which has not been used for years due to my 3017 backlog, but I can see Rose, Agrumes and Fougere down the road.

I'm planning on buying a horde of Martin De Candre, and would like some advice please!

I'm getting what I can in the 200g amount and would like to know what your thoughts are on getting the closed jar, the wooden bowl, or the glass bowl.

I love the idea of the wooden bowl, but my understanding is that it is simply packed in the bowl and is lidless. Are the special edition glass bowls open as well?
The closed jar has a lid, which seems to be the best way to preserve this not inexpensive soap, but not having purchased it before, I can't speak from experience.

I've gone through the online Pasteur site, and they have some scents in all types, but some in only one type.
What is your opinion on the best packaging to buy? Closed jar, glass bowl or wooden bowl?

Once I decide which I am looking at, I can decide where I am getting it so that I can maximize purchases from one location.

Thanks in advance for any help!
“…a horde?” Of “Martin de Candre?” 😳

What, did you hit the LOTTERY, “Cary?” 💰💰💰😆

I thought I would point out that the lidded 200g jar of Original that I am using came with instructions encouraging you to leave the lid off. That coupled with the fact that the brain bowl is sold without a lid leads me to believe that MdC expects users to not keep it sealed.

I pulled the seals out of the lids in mine to allow the soaps to breathe somewhat while being stored, a la the ceramic containers for MWF and Tabac.

Reactions: Jut
Top Bottom