What's new

Listerine vs Crest Pro Health vs Generic

well i use pro health because it doesn't fry your mouth like Listerine. if our looking to enhance your dental hygiene then i suggest throwing out your old manual toothbrush and buy either a Sonicare or Braun. I have both, my Sonicare
is an Elite 7300 http://www.sonicare.com/products/elite/elite7300.asp
and the braun i have is a Professional 8000 http://www.oral-b.com/us/products/product.asp?tid=products&sub=power&cid=power&pid=pc8000
Both work amazing but in different ways, the sonicare uses sonic technology to clean and does a better job at polishing while the Braun (oral-b) is a monster work horse that literally scrubs your teeth.

I have the Braun as well.....what a brush!!!!!!!!

I also use the Listerine mint....no pain, no gain....and I haven't had a cavity in 6 years since I started using it.

Also, not to hijack the thread, but I ordered some stuff from Vintage BladesLLC and I got a couple samples of Marvis toothpaste...it was classic strong mint flavor....very good stuff.

Anybody out there ever tried any Marvis stuff?

Do NOT use Crest Pro-Health Rinse, as it has been causing major staining on many consumers. Here is a website where many people have been gathering to complain. Or do a google search on "Crest rinse stains teeth". The active ingredient in the rinse, CPC, causes the stains.

crest stains

imo, the vast majority of people do not need ANY rinse or mouthwash. 99.9% of good dental hygiene is attributed to regular brushing and flossing.

Bought two big bottles of the Crest at Costco and slugging my way through them...not my favorite. Stick with Listerine...I like the blue

Original Listerine burn all the way.
The burning sensation is your mouth telling you that you are a MAN, and that it is PROUD OF YOU.

Hopefully not TMI, but if you pay attention to the crap on the floss after you've used it, you might be surprised what brushing leaves behind in-between your teeth. If the water swishing to rinse out the toothpaste didn't dislodge it, I doubt Listerine will. Sure, it may kill some surface bacteria, but you still will have bits of food left to decompose and cause decay, halitosis, etc. YMMV. :biggrin:

How do I sign up for an I.V. drip? :lol: That way I won't have to do any dental hygiene, ( right :confused: :blink:) which isn't half the fun shaving is, btw...

well i use pro health because it doesn't fry your mouth like Listerine. if our looking to enhance your dental hygiene then i suggest throwing out your old manual toothbrush and buy either a Sonicare or Braun. I have both, my Sonicare
is an Elite 7300 http://www.sonicare.com/products/elite/elite7300.asp
and the braun i have is a Professional 8000 http://www.oral-b.com/us/products/product.asp?tid=products&sub=power&cid=power&pid=pc8000
Both work amazing but in different ways, the sonicare uses sonic technology to clean and does a better job at polishing while the Braun (oral-b) is a monster work horse that literally scrubs your teeth.

We too have the Braun. Both my and my fionce's dentist (different people) say the Braun may be too powerful for gums on its normal setting, causing more damage than healthy. They recommended the Sonicare now, as it treats the gums much better. Mine is a long term friend of the family, so I doubt he is trying to "sell" me. We are going to buy the sonicare soon, hopefully on a "after chistmas" sale.

I can't comment about Crest but Listerine I know something about.

I use regular Listerine. Last Winter I decided to try the store brand at my local pharmacy. It was considerably cheaper. DISASTER! The store bought looked just like Listerine but was it ever terrible. I used it 3-4 times and then I ditched it. I know that regular Listerine is harsh but this stuff was horrible.:thumbdown

DaveS

both crest pro health and colgate total have had their claims of efficacy reviewed by us fda. both are recommended by nost dentists.

I use cinnamon pro health 2x a day and their mouthwash at lunch when I can. How it feels has very little to do with how effective it is. we live in the age of chemistry(for better or worse):tooth:

My dentist favors Listerine over ProHealth.

Speaking of staining, the ProHealth toothpaste clearly states on the label that the type of flouride contained therein may stain teeth ... :001_huh:

I like the Pro Health stuff.

On a side note, regarding the "Listerine twice a day is as good as flossing" claim. The Dentist Association (ADA, maybe?) Took the company to task for claiming that and demanded they show some proof or stop saying it. Soon after the Listerine commercials stopped saying that and there was(is?) a small-print disclaimer saying soemthing along the lines of "Should be used in conjunction with flossing, not as a replacement for flossing. Flossing is important for detal health" etc, etc.

Top Bottom