What's new

List the top luxury brand DE razors!

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
I’ll luxuriously disagree with you on that.

It doesn't matter, you can keep your perspective.

-----
"Quality razor" and "luxury razor" are originally different topics.

RR GC did provide me with a high-quality shaving, but its naming proved that the purpose was to break the price--
"Why did we call this razor the Game Changer? It's really simple!...we are bringing you the highest standards of quality at a price everyone can afford. "
Razors | RazoRock - https://www.razorock.com/?buynow=razors

-----

RR GC did provide me with a high-quality shaving, but its naming proved that the purpose was to break the price--
"Why did we call this razor the Game Changer? It's really simple!...we are bringing you the highest standards of quality at a price everyone can afford. "
I agree with you 100%

I love my Game Changer, Rockwell 6S and Karve but I wouldn’t consider them to be at the top of the “luxury” razor tier. All three are “quality” razors though. They are great but my Wolfman has so much better fit and finish.

My SE Rockwell Hawk v3 is an amazing razor as well, but I wouldn’t consider it in the same class as the Blackland Vector as an example. $$$ aside, but I wouldn’t expect a $50 razor to be better made than a $200 one either.

R

romsitsa

If luxury and high end equals real high and consistent quality then Swing, Darwin, Leresche/Kirby Beard.

For me the as-d2 is one of the so-called luxury razors. Everything about this razor has been designed to achieve excellence. just hold one in, you immediately feel a perfect balance, the thin head that easily shaves the nasal area and the protected ends are excellent. Also the manufacture and finish without faults, an assembly which gives a stiffness to the blade which makes it possible to shave the tip of the chin well. People say it's a soft hand razor in reality it's like a Japanese sword it's so effective.

Messygoon

Abandoned By Gypsies.
In my pea-brain, the term "luxury" conjures images of rarity, beauty, and craftsmanship, yet often shoulders a reputation that falters in daily use. With that in mind, I'll add unobtanium Loch Ness sasquatch unicorns from my wish list: Gillette British Hybrid Tech, Gillette Fatboy Bottom Dial, and Gillette Toggle. Oh, and a 1963 Corvette Stingray Split-Window for good measure.

vintage-gillette-tech-hybrid-rfb-made_360_4ea774fb981f74e8b4452a7276e34eed.jpg

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
The only two I have owned were a Feather AS-D2 and an Above the Tie Windsor with a couple of copper plates. I found the Windsor sufficiently luxurious to stop razor hunting.

-----

So by your logic, if RR charged 300 USD for their razors, thus reducing the "value" factor, they would, therefor, then qualify as luxurious despite being the very same razors? ...No

I've used a wolfman; it's a fine razor. Though I do not prefer it to my GC .84 or my brass Karve CB with an SB-C on it... but I shouldn't classify them luxurious because their design philosophy incorporated a specific price point?

How about we stop gatekeeping what other men can or cannot label as luxurious unless specified by OP, eh?

Last edited:

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
So by your logic, if RR charged 300 USD for their razors, thus reducing the "value" factor, they would, therefor, then qualify as luxurious despite being the very same razors? ...No

I've used a wolfman; it's a fine razor. Though I do not prefer it to my GC .84 or my brass Karve CB with an SB-C on it... but I shouldn't classify them luxurious because their design philosophy incorporated a specific price point?

How about we stop gatekeeping what other men can or cannot label as luxurious unless specified by OP, eh?

The question raised by OP is not "List your preferred DE razor".

Toyota Land Cruiser 300 is a great car, but raising the price of Land Cruiser 300 to $500,000 may affect sales.
RR has also repeatedly stated that they use chemical polishing in order to "reduce costs", this also means that their decision does not want to be so perfect/exquisite; unless RR wants to mess up his own business, this assumption " if RR charged 300 USD for their razors " is meaningless.

Another possibility is that RR decided to launch a luxury series of products, using all the best technology known, the members of the shaving forum must be very happy. This way also fits well with the usual definitions.

------
"Price" is definitely one of the main factors of "luxury", the following is the explanation of the Cambridge dictionary.
●(U) great comfort, especially as provided by expensive and beautiful things.
●(C) something expensive that is pleasant to have but is not necessary.
●(SorU) something that gives you a lot of pleasure but cannot be done often.

Last edited:

Space_Cadet

I don't have a funny description.
Rocnel in Turkey make great razors. Too bad they only make them occasionally from time to time and in very small batches.
Maybe I would of tried buying something from Carbon Shaving and Haircut&Shave, they make very nice looking razors, but I already own too many, and my favorites are so good that I don't need anything else. Plus, their razors come with a very hefty price tag.
Charcoal Goods and especially Timeless are not for me.

Top Bottom