What's new

List the top luxury brand DE razors!

In my pea-brain, the term "luxury" conjures images of rarity, beauty, and craftsmanship, yet often shoulders a reputation that falters in daily use. With that in mind, I'll add unobtanium Loch Ness sasquatch unicorns from my wish list: Gillette British Hybrid Tech, Gillette Fatboy Bottom Dial, and Gillette Toggle. Oh, and a 1963 Corvette Stingray Split-Window for good measure.

View attachment 1325555

+1! I ‘need’ a 63 Stingray!! :a29: :a29:

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Fair point. I define luxury as the highest quality and craftsmanship with over engineering encouraged.

I drop my beloved Fatip on the list with Blackland and RazoRock remaining.

Don’t we all?!

I could be content with a ‘73

Though I do not prefer it to my GC .84 or my brass Karve CB with an SB-C on it... but I shouldn't classify them luxurious because their design philosophy incorporated a specific price point?

We do now have the OP’s definition of luxury (and over-engineering dropped my favorite from consideration), but it certainly opens a rotten question:

Is something considered ‘luxury’ because it makes the user feel pampered beyond expectation or is it considered ‘luxury’ because so few people will be able to enjoy it?

In that disappointing dichotomy, a nickel-plated Fatip Grande joyfully rubs shoulders with all contenders that make the user feel like a million bucks. And it’s ability to be purchased by most folks on six continents with little-to-no-crying (depending on quality control…) puts its shoulders away I guess.

Yes, the prices for these are a little steep. But if you're willing to hold out a little longer, the company said they have plans to release a less expensive razor at a price point more in line with what an everyman can afford:

"Bright Light Founder Hayden Hamilton also plans to introduce an entry-level model that costs about the same as a compact car."​

Top Bottom