What's new

List of razors that cover the blade tabs

I'm not fond of exposed tabs, but never gave much thought to cutting them of...thinking tin shears, irregular cuts, one success out of three cuts, etc...

Do you mean simple, household heavy-duty scissors? Any specific recommendations?
Just plain scissors. I swiped a pair of my kids' school scissors. If I start the cut near the hinge of the blades it works great.

Thank you very much for this enlightening conversation!

I have started to grow an interest for the razor Giesen & Forsthoff TIMOR 1350K open comb. This safety razor did I discovered thanks to this interesting conversation, a conversation which I hope will continue also in the future.

Best Regards to you all! :)

Just plain scissors. I swiped a pair of my kids' school scissors. If I start the cut near the hinge of the blades it works great.

Hey, I was skeptical, but scissors actually work, and I really like no tabs grazing my ears and nose. Just elevated my shave quality -- thanks for the simple suggestion!

Hey, I was skeptical, but scissors actually work, and I really like no tabs grazing my ears and nose. Just elevated my shave quality -- thanks for the simple suggestion!
I just tried it too and it works! It took all of 5 seconds with a regular pair of scissors.

Went through all five pages of this thread, and no mention of the Dorco PL602.
Use it about half the time, otherwise a Razorock DE1, already mentioned.
(a.k.a. Baili 171)

One of these on the list that covers the tab would be just the thing for my wife who comes to grief with the tabs on various vintage Gillette models she's tried for shaving under her arms.

How many of these are not Zamak?

Just culled my razor collection and realized that most of the remaining razors completely (or almost completely) cover the tabs. Here are two that I don’t think have already been included in your cool list:

C8B8CECB-1AC0-4354-B0C3-D488F7AE1BA1.jpeg

Hone (completely covered)
PAL DE (maybe the tiniest sliver of tab exposed?)

I received an email from Karve today explaining that they plan (at some time in the future, perhaps 2020?) to create a top cap that covers the blades.

Top Bottom