What's new

List of DE blades made by Gillette?

Hi, new to the forum and safety razor shaving in general. In fact, I have yet to try it, but I've been looking into it recently as I want to get away from electric shavers (my current one is on the verge of dying), and avoid throw-away cartridge shavers to reduce plastic waste. :thumbsup:

With the holiday season coming closer and thus receiving potential gifts, I've looked up different safety razors, shaving creams and soaps, brushes etc. and pretty much made up my mind about those, but when it comes to the actual blades, I'm a bit... overwhelmed, to say the least. :001_huh:

There are so many different brands, some with different kinds and different countries of manufacture, for beginners, intermediates and experts. However, as a complete newbie, the only brand I ever heard about before was P&G's Gillette.

Now, my question is: Is there a complete list of DE blades made by Gillette? So far, I have figured out that these brands are made by them:
  • Gillette (duh)
  • King C. Gillette
  • Nacet
  • Minora
  • London Bridge
  • Perma-Sharp
  • Astra
  • Wilkinson Sword in India (not my market area, but just to show that I've done my homework :001_tt2:)
Did I miss any, tho? I'm not a Gillette fanboy, I just want to make sure to also give other non-P&G brands a try if I'm able to get a sample here where I live. :cuppa:

Hi @Drakhor welcome to B&B! Good to have you on board

Here are a few more, although I am not an expert either on all the Gillette range

Gillette Silver Blue
Gillette Platinum
Astra Superior Stainless
Astra Superior Platinum
7O'clock Greens
7O'clock Yellows
7O'clock Super Platinums (aka 7O'clock Blacks, Black Ninja)
Gillette Wilkinson Sword Chinese examples

There are probably a ton I have missed, but these add to your list.

Major other competitors are

Personna
Lord (A ton of blade types, made in Egypt)
Treet (Ditto, made in Pakistan)
Super Max (An excellent range from India)

And many more, which others will add, I am sure.

Last edited:

lasta

Blade Biter
Here you go:

A few older brands here as well, although a lot of them has been moved to Russia:

I'll add:

Wilkinson Sword made in Brazil
Gillette Super Blue (Shanghai)

Cheers!

Thanks, that post helps a lot. There were a couple of brands I've seen in samplers but didn't know they were Gillette's, and one which was completely unknown to me (not that difficult, I know). Then again, if I can't get them on Amazon (or rather shipped to my location), then I doubt I'll ever get my hands on them anyway. :laugh:

I'd suggest getting a sampler from wherever you order your other items from, and seeing if you can actually tell a difference. I did that when I started, and I am FINALLY about to finish it and make an actual purchase (I probably use blades too long...). For me, I can barely tell a difference, and certainly not enough to fuss over any of it. YMMV.

I'd suggest getting a sampler from wherever you order your other items from, and seeing if you can actually tell a difference. I did that when I started, and I am FINALLY about to finish it and make an actual purchase (I probably use blades too long...). For me, I can barely tell a difference, and certainly not enough to fuss over any of it. YMMV.

Here's a thread listing many of the Gillette blades produced outside Russia. Though I believe Brazilian made Minora's are still produced, or at least they're still being sold in Colombia.

I don't think the list includes Gillette London Bridge made in China:

1668197783890.png

Or Gillette London Bridge made in India, for sale in Egypt. Like the Gillette Winner, production is contracted out to the Vertice company:
1668197986578.png

Here is my list. I hope it helps?

DE Gillette 365 Stainless
DE Gillette 7 O'Clock SharpEdge (Yellow)
DE Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum (Black aka Ninjas)
DE Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum (Blue)
DE Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Stainless (Green)
DE Gillette Nacet Stainless
DE Gillette Platinum
DE Gillette Ruby Platinum Plus
DE Gillette Silver Blue
DE Gillette Blue (Carbon)
DE Gillette 7 O'Clock P-sharp (Green)

Top Bottom