What's new

List of clones

Merkur Futur Deviant Clone:​

Here is a clone with a different handle, 360 rollers, and a flip top not removable head.

1692976231954.jpg
1692976275682.jpg
1692976296541.jpg
1692976308753.jpg

Clone means Kopy, or Copy. Most people who manufacture item patent for protection.

From thief of intellectual property, But some in Asia copy anything for profit.

Not really a Clone IMHO, more like an inspired, and improved. Wonder how this works, and what is price. IMHO a Clone is COPY down to last detail, even if it a ELCRAPPO Copy.
Well, that's why I said "deviant" clone as it has diverged but clearly with one million fake Futurs out there and now the same basic look/ design turns up. The one I received was hard to push the top cap release button at first but now it works. It seems some zamak is exposed in the inside of the baseplate region so I guess this is a disposable. Cost, $15 at Amazon so at least the cost isn't high. I will get one from DHgate as well in a month? that is your favorite, gunmetal, so I hope the plating is better on that one. One aspect I like about this razor in question is that it doesn't have the wires to hold the top cap piece in place. That doesn't mean it will be durable and not break. Time will tell as well as me keeping it very dry where the plating is missing.

Well, that's why I said "deviant" clone as it has diverged but clearly with one million fake Futurs out there and now the same basic look/ design turns up. The one I received was hard to push the top cap release button at first but now it works. It seems some zamak is exposed in the inside of the baseplate region so I guess this is a disposable. Cost, $15 at Amazon so at least the cost isn't high. I will get one from DHgate as well in a month? that is your favorite, gunmetal, so I hope the plating is better on that one. One aspect I like about this razor in question is that it doesn't have the wires to hold the top cap piece in place. That doesn't mean it will be durable and not break. Time will tell as well as me keeping it very dry where the plating is missing.

Well Amazon and E-Bay both do not care about selling counterfeit, or clones, they only care about bottom line from sales. Sort of said some company like Murkur does all the R & D, spend Monet making a product right, to bring a quality product to market. Then some counterfeiter in Asia reversed engineers the product, and dump in some copy products on the market that only look alike, but do not last or preform like the real deal. Then if consumer buy the copy, it fairs who is going to repair, replace, or stand behind what you bought with good money?

Why dont you coat where the plating is missing with some cheap clear fingernail polish?? I have done that before on some stuff that had exposed spots. I made sure it was extremely dry and that there was no corrosion on the part and then put a VERY generous coat or 2 or 10 of clear nail polish on it and have had NO problems with it.......

Does anyone know if the Gillette British Flat Bottom Tech or the Flat Bottom Hybrid Tech as ever been cloned?
Both are considered the best shaving of the Gillette Techs ever manufactured. If there are no clones, why not?

Top Bottom