What's new

Liqour pourers good to use?

I received a bunch of pourers such as the ones on that link (I don't know if they are those exact ones). They came with a stopper/plug but the person that gave them to me didn't have the stopper/plug, just the pourers.

I usually keep my bottles in a closed bar/cabinet. If I used these pourers on my more frequently drank bottles, would the liquor go bad quicker and would dust and bugs get into the bottles? Would you use them without a sotpper/plug?

http://barsupplies.com/chrome-plated-ambassador-pourers-p-298.html

I personally wouldn't - they're extremely useful for bars and the like for liquor bottles that you're likely to empty in a night or two, but if it's for home use, I'd leave my bottles screw-capped.

If they're sealed well, I'm sure they're fine, but even then the issue of them getting liquor residue in the nozzles is a bit of a turn-off for me.

Anything that may compromise the taste of my grog is not for me, although maybe I'm just being paranoid.

I personally wouldn't - they're extremely useful for bars and the like for liquor bottles that you're likely to empty in a night or two, but if it's for home use, I'd leave my bottles screw-capped.

If they're sealed well, I'm sure they're fine, but even then the issue of them getting liquor residue in the nozzles is a bit of a turn-off for me.

Anything that may compromise the taste of my grog is not for me, although maybe I'm just being paranoid.

Thats what I was thinking. I want my liquor to taste perfect for the life of the bottle. Maybe I will use them for parties when using lower end liquor.

Top Bottom