What's new

LIME! LIME! LIME! Recommendations?

Hey guys, THANKS for all the input,
As an update, I successfully completed the May GRUME!
I went on a spending spree this morning and went with the Castle Forbes Lime and Glyce pre shave soap. For a menthol/icy effect, I chose PAA's Mentholated Mysterium Serum, Ice Cube and Star Jelly Prickly Pear Preshave Jelly. I acquired some menthol crystals in a trade with a fellow GRUMER. I won't even start about the other purchases!

I shaved today with Seaforth Lime and give it a 10. What a soap! Lathers great, glide is great, post shave feel is great. Instantly in my permanent rotation. btw The scent is not too forward.
CDB really loved this scent and soap, as well, by the way, calling it the "best scent of 2021 so far" and saying it was the best lime scent he has ever smelled. Sounds like Spearhead has a real winner on its hands with this soap.

Anyone have/try Taylor of Old Bond Street Lime Zest?
It's a straight scent identical to Castle Forbes Lime. I was expecting something similar to GFT Limes and T&H Limes, but disappointed that it smelled to me more like Pine Sol cleaner then lime or citrus.

Add me to the list of Captains Choice Lime users. I bought the Captain's choice Lime Balm as well and it is very nice. Captain's Choice soaps make a very nice creamy lather. I haven't tried his shaving creams so I comment on those. Spearhead shaving will be releasing Seaforth! Sea Spice Lime in the next couple of weeks. I love the Seaforth! Heather so I expect it will end up in my mailbox before the month is over.
I used the Spearhead SeafrothvSpice and Lime. One of the best soaps I ever used. Soap is too notch and the dent has very strong lime but balanced with a spicy sent (avoiding the sent being overly sweet).

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
Forgive me for not scrolling back through the thread as it may already have been mentioned. But if you like lime you need Stirling's "Margaritas in the Arctic". For lime and summertime it's a soap I can't go without. Next time I'll probably go with the "glacial" version.

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
I think Tom Waits original lyrics to his song "Time" were actually....

And it's lime, lime, lime
And it's lime, lime, lime
And it's lime, lime, lime that you love
And it's lime, lime, lime....

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I recently received PAA's Sci-Fi Lime aftershave. It's one of the best smelling like aftershaves I've ever come across. Although I don't have the soap, if it's anything like the aftershave, it's good.

Henri et Victoria’s lime is excellent.Smells like a richer version of lime, but still smells like authentic lime

Top Bottom