What's new

Lime and Bay Rum Shave Soap Suggestions?

Bay Rum Soap - Mike's Naturals, Captain's Choice, Mystic Waters, PAA (Atomic Age), Barrister and Mann.

Bay Rum aftershave - Pinaud Virgin Island Bay Rum, Captains Choice Cat o Nine Tails

Lime Soap - Mike's Naturals, Captains Choice

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Your post seems to me to be a request for suggestions for a Lime soap and a Bay Rum soap.

For a slick Lime soap I would consider:
Taylor of Old Bond Street Lime Zest - Not a candied lime scent, but more of a natural lime mixed with a slightly woody undertone. TOBS has always met my slickness and protection criteria which has recently gone up.
Mike's Natural Soaps Lime - Although I don't have this particular Mike's soap, it's been getting good reviews from B&B members. I have other Mike's soaps and I can say that Mike's Natural soaps have excellent slickness and provide good protection during the shave...in my opinion, definitely above average slickness and protection for this soap.

As far as a Bay Rum soap/cream...oh boy...I have so many.

Mike's Natural Soaps Bay Rum - Might as well parrot the above for their Bay Rum.
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Atomic Age Bay Rum CK-6 Formula - Dynamite scent, extra slickness! They have several takes on Bay Rum and if I'm not mistaken all come in their CK-6 Formula...which is slicker than their regular CK formula which isn't bad either quite honestly.
Chiseled Face Groomatorium Bay Rum - Mentioned above by several members. It has tallow and other slickening agents. And as mentioned above, great take on Bay Rum
Wet Shaving Products Bay Rum Formula T - Tallow and shea butter make this Bay Rum with a lime kick...very slick.
Zingari Man The Nomad - Also mentioned above, Zingari Man soaps are good in the slickness and protection department. Their Bay Rum and Mystic Waters Bay Rum have a very similar scent.
Mystic Waters Bay Rum - Tallow with other slickening agents put this soap into the above average slickness category. Nice scent...see Zingari Man The Nomad above...very similar scent.
Captain's Choice Bay Rum - Also mentioned above...I always seem to have a good experience with Captain's Choice soaps and creams. In their Bay Rum scent, I have both the soap and the cream and both provide above average slickness for me. An extremely true, no-nonsense Bay Rum scent.
The Sudsy Soapery Bay & Citrus - Tallow and triple butter shave soap...slip sliding away in Bay Rum!
Phoenix and Beau Imperial Rum - Tallow with additional slickeners make this Bay Rum, Spice and Lime soap a good bet for protection and glide.
Barrister and Mann Bay Rum - One of my favorite Bay Rums...a thirsty soap, but definitely above average slickness and glide.

Comrades...my apologies...a quick correction.
The Sudsy Soapery Bay Rum is a Non-Tallow soap.

My 3 favorite Limes;
For a "pure lime" great performing soap (slickness, protection and skin softening): Castle Forbes (it is worth the price)
For a lime with spice (and my all time favorite fragrance) and good performance: Spearhead Shaving Seaforth Spiced Lime
For a "refreshing forward note lime" with orange and lavender undertones and good performance: TOBS Lime Zest

1630201899966.jpeg

I can’t speak to the soaps but this has become my favorite Bay Rum aftershave. It is not at all “clovey”. It has a simple recipe of water, cane alcohol, and Bay oil.

The fragrance is not as long lasting as Clubman VIBR or some others, it is just simply bay rum.

I suggest Ogallala’s Bay rum, lime, and peppercorn. That was one of my first purchases when I started DE shaving.

Surely can’t go wrong with Captain’s Choice Bay Rum. Their Lime is also great. Cat o’ 9 tails if you want the extra bite for AS.

My barber just showed me Seppo’s Auto Bay Rum, to me it is a lot like Clubman VIBR.

Which then brings me to Clubman VIBR. Something I love about it that’s different than the other bay rums. Wish it lasted longer.

For the Bay Rum I'd suggest Phoenix and Beau Imperial Rum. Not a traditional Bay Rum scent and has a nice spicy kick to it.

1630485773524.png
1630485837121.png

I would suggest these two from Taconic. The tequila/lime is about as authentic as it gets with a tartness to it that is unmatched. Performance is pretty darn good too.

TLSC-new-logo-3.jpg

The Bay Rum is actually quite good as well in the scent department.

71coU-8gBcS._SY355_.jpg

Both fly way under the radar and one would be making a mistake in at least not trying a sample of these offerings. They both punch way above their weight and I'd put them up against many soaps out there. They hold their own....

Top Bottom