Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Edwin Jagger Lime and Pomagranite Aftershave Lotion

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Truefitt and Hill West Indian Lime

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Razorock Evil Eye Lime Aftershave Wax

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters
Help me understand how grain alcohol base is more of a balm? What is it like exact?
I’m interested based on your scent profile as I love cf lime. It is generally an up hill climb in finding a great line splash with some respectable staying power.

I cannot say this for all grain alcohol-based aftershaves because I only own one such product, but the Evil Eye Lime has no burn like an aftershave that contains denatured alcohol, and the Evil Eye Lime is a tad thicker than those containing denatured alcohol. Great product if you are looking for a soothing aftershave with a great lime scent and are not looking for any burn.

Some lime products (and Pinaud Lavender) smell like cat pee. I like a good, fresh lime scent that at least stays a little while until I can freshen up on a break. I don't want something that will dry down and smell bad, either. Sometimes, what it smells like when first applied is not at all what it smells like later.

I cannot say this for all grain alcohol-based aftershaves because I only own one such product, but the Evil Eye Lime has no burn like an aftershave that contains denatured alcohol, and the Evil Eye Lime is a tad thicker than those containing denatured alcohol. Great product if you are looking for a soothing aftershave with a great lime scent and are not looking for any burn.
My understanding is that denatured alcohol is just grain alcohol with some poison added to make it undrinkable. I can't see what would make that preferable for a user. You can certainly feel the burn from grain alcohol if it's not too diluted.

My understanding is that denatured alcohol is just grain alcohol with some poison added to make it undrinkable. I can't see what would make that preferable for a user. You can certainly feel the burn from grain alcohol if it's not too diluted.

Maybe it's just the amount of grain alcohol they use for this particular product. I just don't know. Outside my area of expertise.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Interesting. Thanks. Might do with an added dose of menthol.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!

I do not believe that any after shave or cosmetic product in the US/EU can contain ‘denatured’ alcohol. That’s methanol and it’s toxic and can be absorbed through the skin. There have been multiple recalls of hand sanitizers because they contained methanol.

My alcohol-based aftershave splashes contain the ingredient "alcohol denat". This must refer to what the Wikipedia article calls specially denatured alcohol (SDA):

A specially denatured alcohol (SDA) is one of many types of denatured alcohol specified under the United States Title 27 of the Code of Federal Regulations Section 21.151.[11] A specially denatured alcohol is a combination of ethanol and another chemical substance, e.g., ethyl acetate in SDA 29, 35, and 35A, added to render the mixture unsuitable for drinking.[12] SDAs are often used in cosmetic products, and can also be used in chemical manufacturing, pharmaceuticals, and solvents.

Thanks for the link, @Doc Dan.

One more question everyone... Is it possible I got a bad batch? My wife says it smells like cleaner... i got Stirling non menthol Lime AS. It is a sharp lifesavers like smell, way over the top for about 10 minutes.
Feedback please.

One more question everyone... Is it possible I got a bad batch? My wife says it smells like cleaner... i got Stirling non menthol Lime AS. It is a sharp lifesavers like smell, way over the top for about 10 minutes.
Feedback please.

The Stirling also did not work for me. I think you nailed the scent - Lifesaver.

Feedback please.
Lime is weird. The smell of lime extract (for cooking) to me smells like Lysol or some such cleaner. It doesn't smell like lime. Lemon extract smells like lemon, so why doesn't lime smell like lime? Lime aftershaves I've smelled have this same problem.

I been using this for a little while.. It's not bad. Not as strong as I would like it, but it does smell good
tempImageo7n1Yv.jpg

Top Bottom