What's new

Lilac Vegetal

My wife likes it, a LOT, when I wear Original Stetson. That's always the Date Night selection. Wore it every day for 33 years.

Then I found B&B. ;)

Other Cologes and Aftershaves that are now passing inspection:
Tabac
Bootlegger's Eldorado
Clubman Selection Whiskey Woods
Pinaud Clubman Lilac Vegetal
Spanish Aqua Velva
Bootlegger's Bay Rum
The various Vetivers in my collection
Probably a couple of others that are slipping my mind at the moment

On the "it's okay" (anyone who has been married a long time knows what this means ;)) list:
Anything with dominant Sandalwood (like Proraso Red)
Aqua Velva Ice Sport

On the "go outside if you're going to use that stuff" list:
Roam

Regarding The Veg: It has to be body chemistry. I wear it regularly in a variety of business and social settings and NONE of the deleterious odors and stench that some attribute to The Veg are there. None. Zero.

Hence, I am Chosen. ;)

All in good fun.

YMMV :)

What is the recipe for bootleggers Eldorado?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
What is the recipe for bootleggers Eldorado?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@OkieStubble is the B&B Member who developed Eldorado (and others).

Here is the link to the Bootlegger's recipes:

Here is the section on Bootlegger's Eldorado:

Eldorado

And finally, the recipe (from the links above):

"El Dorado
2 Parts: Pinaud Special Reserve
2 Parts: Pinaud Classic Vanilla
1 Part: English Leather

Pinaud Special Reserve is loved by many, just the way it is. However, there are some who just can't warm up to it, even though the idea of a smoky, leather type aftershave appeals to them. For some folks the cheaply made scent of Pinaud Special Reserve is just missing something. The dry down seems old and dusty. Some people call it an 'Old Lady' scent.

Bootlegger’s El Dorado maintains the leathery and smoky notes and what makes Special Reserve... 'Special'. While softening its edges and rounding out the dry down into something a bit more refined, with an added touch of class and a hint of sophistication. If you wanted to like Pinaud Special Reserve, but just couldn’t, then Bootlegger’s El Dorado could be the aftershave for you."

Really nice aftershave. :)

There are approximately 1,643,298 (give or take) different aftershave splashes out there in the world to experiment with, many of which are actual forgotten traditional classics. But as far as I can tell, LV is now essentially a prank that veterans like to play on people new to the world of scents. Don't fall for it or you'll look like the auto shop newbie who was sent to the parts store for a gallon of blinker fluid, and you waste money that you could have spent on something that isn't disgusting.
Lots of choices. And yet Old Spice, Clubman, and Lilac Veg can be found -- outside the locked up glass cabinets, no less -- in every drugstore and Walmart. Go figure.

It has finally dawned on my addled brain where I recall the scent of the Veg. Way back in the 1960's the drug store my pediatrician had his office in had the lilac smell. It triggered a memory yesterday when I splashed some on.

It has finally dawned on my addled brain where I recall the scent of the Veg. Way back in the 1960's the drug store my pediatrician had his office in had the lilac smell. It triggered a memory yesterday when I splashed some on.
Good memories , I’m sure.

Top Bottom