What's new

Lilac Vegetal

Well...this weekend I was in a bed bath and beyond and saw that they carried Pinaud's lilac vegetal aftershave. Well, having read so mnay incredible reviews about this product I was intruiged. I have never heard of a product's scent being so universally despised (well, maybe 1 or 2 people said they liked it).

I must admit I was tempted to buy it just to see what all the anti-hype was about...almost bought it until I noticed it was on sale for 7 dollars or so and I knew I would have no chance of trading/selling this.

So I shook the bottle a bit, twisted the cap a little (not enough to break the seal, but enough to get a drop or so out)...and let me say...

Terrbile, terrible stuff! I mean truly surprisingly horrid...not unlike urine during the dry down, settling to a sickeningly-sweet mess. Did I mention it was terrible?

If you like this product, I apologize...not trying to insult...it must remain in production for a reason (some people must like it)...but I just really can't stand this! Glad I didn't pay for it...

I have yet to try any Lilac Vegetol aftershaves but I'm looking to buy one on next purchase. Can anyone recommend a decent one? I heard Master makes a good one, where can it be purchased?

I think that people who want to try Lilac Vegetal are envisioning an old school barbershop scent. They would be better off buying Pinaud Clubman. Although it's not floral, it's old school and actually smells good.

It is some pretty brutal stuff. I was going to use it to keep wildlife out of my backyard but I was scared what my neighbors would say. So I gave it to my nephew. :rolleyes: Better than Axe, right. Right?

Yeah, I never liked it myself.

I found it was very strong, and more vegetal than lilac. Its odd, at best. Death and decay at worst. Invfact, that's exactly how I'd put it. Like dead flowers.

What is with all the hate for the Lilac Vegital?:confused:

I will admit that in the bottle it has an odd and off putting scent. I used it for a month or so and found that it drys down to a nice scent. It's not Lilac and it's not vegitation, but it's nice. and believe it or not, I actually got a few positive comments from it.

An acquired taste. but you are right, those who appreciate it are in the minority.

I PIF'd my half bottle a couple months to a curious member. I don't think I ever heard how he liked it:001_rolle

I don't care for Pinaud Lilac. If you want a good cheap Lilac aftershave give Stephens a try. I have the Stephens lilac and really like it. It seems as though Stephens aftershave products don't get much play here, but I have liked all of the ones I tried.
  1. Alpine
  2. Bay Rum
  3. Lilac
  4. Spice

Top Bottom