What's new

Lilac Vegetal Score.. Or is it?

I was in the local Walgreens today checking to see if they sold injector blades (sadly, no), and saw that they were blowing out Pinaud's Lilac Vegetal for $2. I bought the last bottle, went home, and had a shave.

I have been addicted to mentholated splashes like Aqua Velva, so I was disappointed by the slight burn without the customary cooling. Ye gods, this stuff lingers! I could scarcely wash it off my hands, and had a lilac-scented sandwich just now, courtesy of Pinaud... haha

How do you folks like to use LV? What do you dig about it? If I remain unconvinced, I'll probably just include it in a PIF package I'm planning for a friend- no great loss, but the passion around here for it seems to invite further exploration.

I love the stuff, but my wife doesn't...So, I had to get rid of it. :rolleyes: So now I'm sticking with Aqua Velva ice blue, musk, and Clubman aftershave lotion for my drugstore splashes.

I love its soothing feel, its initial earthy blast of vegetalbly-compost, and the gradual transformation into a delightful floral. It just has a power over me, I'm not sure why. But I choose to give in to the Veg.

Plus I feel a little protective of it since so many people seem to be united against it. I will give a home to the aftershave nobody wanted.

<snip>

How do you folks like to use LV?

<snip>

I pour it in the garden to repel deer.

or

only with gloves & respirator.

or...

boy, welcome to the wild wacky wonderful world of PLV (as differentiated from the entirely different and actually pleasant Master's Lilac Vegetol)!

hahahahahah

...Caught us another one.

I was in the local Walgreens today checking to see if they sold injector blades (sadly, no), and saw that they were blowing out Pinaud's Lilac Vegetal for $2...

Damn, I have to check out the local Walgreens.

$2 a bottle!

I need to stock up on LV since I only have 6 bottles.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I love the stuff, but my wife doesn't...So, I had to get rid of it. :rolleyes: So now I'm sticking with Aqua Velva ice blue, musk, and Clubman aftershave lotion for my drugstore splashes.

Give it another try.
My wife simply hated it when I first brought it home. She said it was horrible.
Last week she said my aftershave was "nice".
Today in the car she said the smell was really good, and that it was kind of like riding the bike through the hills in Pennsylvania in spring when all the flowers were blooming.

I just put some on for the first time.

I really can't decide wether I should jut retch untile the bile comes up, go roll in the back yard or splash some more on.

This stuff is something else.

Calil Lategev must be a Lovecraft god that rules a realm of earwax, nice flowers and accidental secretions. I'm kind of digging it.

I really can't decide wether I should jut retch untile the bile comes up, go roll in the back yard or splash some more on.

Calil Lategev must be a Lovecraft god that rules a realm of earwax, nice flowers and accidental secretions. I'm kind of digging it.

Hang in there! It has to fuse with your soul first. After that, it starts to smell good.

You should try it as a body splash on a hot day after a shower. :biggrin:

Awesome!!

DunEdin-

I have seen you post this before...I now have tried it--you are correct, sir. The LV body splash is a great summer-time pick-me-up.

Sad sooooo many people are missing out. Pity it is......

cheers to the LV splash!!

Marty E.

DunEdin-

I have seen you post this before...I now have tried it--you are correct, sir. The LV body splash is a great summer-time pick-me-up.

Sad sooooo many people are missing out. Pity it is......

cheers to the LV splash!!

Marty E.

Saw this post today after I got back from the gym. Let me say that I am still enjoying the LV splash that followed up my post-PF shower.

Randolph Carter splashed some on before he met Nyarlathotep in the Unknown Kadath.

Top Bottom