What's new

Lilac Vegetal breakthrough

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
This is so appropriate for my shave yesterday. I bought a sample size bottle of Veg to satisfy my own curiosity about two months ago. Since I wasn't leaving the house yesterday I figured it was probably the best opportunity I was going to get to try it out. While my lovely wife slept softly, I thoroughly enjoyed the quiet relaxation of my Sunday morning shave with my new to me birth year/quarter black handle super speed. It was a very nice smooth shave followed with a splash of the Veg.

As I went about my business and brushed my teeth, the fumes from the Veg wafted up around my nose creating mass confusion with my senses. Initially, I had a very brief flash back of times, as a child of about 10, that I visited my sweet great grandmother in the nursing home. There was always such a confusing smell in the halls of the nursing home. I think most of you know the smell I am talking about so I won't go into detail but this is what I was getting from the Veg. My second thought was, where in the world is the lilac! The spring time bloom of the lilacs is one of my favorite spring smells of all times along with Lilly of the Valleys. There is no lilac in this repulsive concoction no matter what anyone says. It had to go and it had to go now.

I didn't set a timer or look at the clock when I put this stuff on my face but I am fairly confident in saying it was only on for about 2 minutes before I was reaching for the nearest cleanser that my wife keeps in the shower (only because it was closer than my Neutrogena face wash). After scrubbing profusely for what seemed like 4-5 minutes I reached for my Crown Shaving AS which is warm and spicy and has some pretty good staying power. I keep this is a small spray bottle and usually 2-3 pumps is more than adequate but I laid it on heavy with 5 heavy pumps of the spray bottle to attempt to cover any residuals that may seep through. There must have been some trapped in my nostrils because as the day passed every once in a while I would catch just the slightest whiff of the Veg reminding me that something needed to be done with the bottle.

Now, I am left with the decision, do I PIF this tiny bottle of "joy" (insert sarcasm here) or do spare an unsuspecting recipient the experience of a lifetime and place it in the circular receptacle in the corner never to be seen again. I am leaning towards the latter.
So spot on and hilarious
I had a very similar reaction. The veg stunk up my garbage disposal for a day or so 😭

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
We are all with you, brother! Stand fast!View attachment 1216859

Remember......They may take our lives, but they'll never take our Lilac Vegetal.....! ;) 🤣
braveheart.jpg

Had to try it . Maybe I am a masochist ...lol.. Old Lady Flowers combined with Polecat pee...... BUT , and I cannot believe I am saying this , it does mellow ..my wife said she likes it , but , she is Filipina and eats dried fish , so I can't really go by that . I tried a 1/2 vanilla -1/2 Vegetal mix, sort of toned it down a bit , I think... so on the fence about this . I put it in a very nice geometric shaped empty Avon Bravo bottle from 1969 to let it "breathe" , which left me about 1/8 of a bottle left in the original container, and I promptly gifted it to my 5 year old so he can experience it ...lol. He says it smells so good ( strange child , can't be mine, must be the fish vendors) .

As a Knight of the Veg Table in good standing, I am obligated to proclaim that it is wonderful to be one of 'The Chosen'. :001_wub:

View attachment 1216807View attachment 1216808

'The Chosen' envy abounds - I know you all wish that you were one of 'The Chosen'. ;) ;) 🤣

**Paging @Raven Koenes - Rave, please launch the smoke screen so I can get out of here in one piece.*** ;) 🤣
I am so happy that I am chosen as well, can only imagine being one of the poor souls who can only aspire to Creed!!!!!!:)

Top Bottom