What's new

Li'l Seniorita

I may be gone for a while, but I always come back with a bang. Here's my latest treasure--a 1965 K4 Mexican Super-Speed...in excellent condition.

I call her Li'l Seniorita.

Sexy, isn't she?

They apparently did things differently south of the border. An American SS of the same period should not have the rings in the flare tip. An equivalent looking SS made in America would date from 1958-1959. Do you concur Christopher?

Nice score!!

They apparently did things differently south of the border. An American SS of the same period should not have the rings in the flare tip. An equivalent looking SS made in America would date from 1958-1959. Do you concur Christopher?

Nice score!!

I agree. It's an American 1958 model. (She's way cool on so many levels.)

Me

Very nice! I have to admit, I saw it and I was like, oooh k4 woohoo! but then I read it was a southern beauty! Congrats!

edit: oh, and she deserves a flower, thank you!

Now is the big question...I was planning to clean it up and and pass it on to a serious collector after I was finished recording it in my SS database (weight, markings, style, photos, etc). But now I'm wondering if I should keep it. I mean, after all, how many HECHO EN MEXICO Super-Speeds have you ever seen? (Raise your hand if you've ever seen another Mexican SS?) Of course, I don't need two 1950s style SSs, and I already have the 1950s English Rocket FT in near mint condition. So which do I keep? The English Rocket FT which is...well...an English Rocket FT, or the rare Mexican SS? One of these is going to fund my first straight razor...but which one? (Oh, how I hate the hard decisions!)

Me

Now is the big question...I was planning to clean it up and and pass it on to a serious collector after I was finished recording it in my SS database (weight, markings, style, photos, etc). But now I'm wondering if I should keep it. I mean, after all, how many HECHO EN MEXICO Super-Speeds have you ever seen? (Raise your hand if you've ever seen another Mexican SS?) Of course, I don't need two 1950s style SSs, and I already have the 1950s English Rocket FT in near mint condition. So which do I keep? The English Rocket FT which is...well...an English Rocket FT, or the rare Mexican SS? One of these is going to fund my first straight razor...but which one? (Oh, how I hate the hard decisions!)

Me

or you could PIF it to someone in honor of their 424'th post. Oh, hey, what do you know, this is my 424'th post! I always assumed you were a collector, with as many razors I have seen flowers next to. :wink:

or you could PIF it to someone in honor of their 424'th post. Oh, hey, what do you know, this is my 424'th post!

Sorry Rodd you're at 425 now. :biggrin:

Of course I'm going to say you should keep it. How many SS's does one man need, well the answer is one. How many SS's do I want, every single variation!

Top Bottom