What's new

Likes and Dislikes on Mama Bear Soaps

Are there an scents anyone has had a bad experience with from Mama Bear?

I am looking at the Coffee EO, and the Basil Citrus.

I didn't care for the aromatic pipe tobacco, but considering I've bought about 40 of them, that's pretty good odds!! If you like coffee scents I'd try Turkish Mocha, that may well be my favorite. Happy hunting.

Great soaps, I've tried 28 of them.

I just don't like anything with patchouli in it. Smells like the unwashed Dead Heads I went to college with. I haven't tried the menthol because I know I am sensitive to it.

Go to her sample page and get the samples. For $1 each you can try out several fairly inexpensively.

Last edited:
I personally loved the basil citrus you're about to order (my wife hates it). Strangely, it reminds me of black licorice. I loved Hydrogen, but it seems like allergic to it.
If you were considering the coffee eo soap, try turkish moka, I think you'll love it.

I've had several that I didn't like for their scents, but not their shaving qualities. Some of her soaps do have ingredients that might irritate your face; she has posted here on this.

I didn't care for the aromatic pipe tobacco, but considering I've bought about 40 of them, that's pretty good odds!! If you like coffee scents I'd try Turkish Mocha, that may well be my favorite. Happy hunting.

The aromatic pipe tabacco was one I liked. Very strong scent that lingers most of the day. My wife could not stand it, however. I have tried a few Mama Bear soaps and always love the scent, but they have all left a burning sensation, so I gave up on her shave soaps. I buy her bath soaps for my wife and she loves them.

That's terrible, bowelturner. Do you react to any other shaving soaps?

I hear "Dragon's Blood" causes problems.

Yes, Dragon's Blood is notorious.
I think it is discontinued for that reason?
A shame, as the scent is IMHO amazing.

But Sue - Mama Bear can probably help you with any question you have.
Just send her a mail or PM (or post on the Facebook page).
I found her service to be top notch.

Naturally, nothing beats the Limited Edition, "Czar's Choice" :biggrin:... but Mama's customer service is top notch and so are her soaps. The only problem is deciding which one(s) to buy. (Oh, and I reacted to Dragon's Blood.)

Yeah, she sells sample for $1 apiece so I would defiantly try them out first. Just to make sure you like the scent and you don't have a reaction to it. Plus that way you get to try a bunch of them.

Mama bears is I all ever use anymore.

So far I've tried the Lime Ice and Awakenings shave sticks,and they smell great and face lather great.Awakenings has a nice cooling feel to it.

Shaverjoe, I've done about 10 shaves on one sliver, and it's only a bit rounded at the edges. I'm trying to load the brush quite a bit, but it seems that my four sample packs are going to last me forever.

While I liked the fragrance, Dublin Tweed set my face on fire. I had the opportunity to try Creed's Green Irish Tweed shave soap and had the exact same experience. They also smell similar.

P

pdillon

I have tried a few Mama Bear soaps and always love the scent, but they have all left a burning sensation, so I gave up on her shave soaps.
While I liked the fragrance, Dublin Tweed set my face on fire. I had the opportunity to try Creed's Green Irish Tweed shave soap and had the exact same experience. They also smell similar.

I had the same experience of burning with Dublin Tweed. It wasn't very intense, but it was an unpleasant tingling or stinging sensation. I was very disappointed because it was only the second soap I had bought (Proraso being the first).

But I stuck with the soap and did some more research on these forums. I discovered that the sensation disappeared when I switched to a different blade. I've been shaving with it for several months now and changed to numerous blades and that "burning" seems to have disappeared altogether.

Top Bottom