What's new

LIJUN BRUSHES: has anybody tried one yet? Considering buying one

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
These brushes are all over ebay. But Ian's (Frank Shaving) brushes are the only Chinese brushes I have had good results with so far. Anybody pulled the trigger on one yet? I am hesitant to buy without a good review.

LiJun was my 1st Badger. nice intro to them, nice hand turned handle, soft, kinda floppy and not too dense. but for $20 shipped or whatever i paid, it was a great little brush.

i eventually PIF'd it, but it served me well and led me to other great badger brushes.

Face lathered with mine yesterday. It is their 24mm knot silvertip set at 56mm. Seems to be a nice all round brush (bowl and face). It has a fair amount of backbone so I mostly use it for face lathering which it does a fine job of. I paid $32 + shipping for a large knot silvertip so I can't kick. It does not seem to lose any hair. No complaints. Not stellar but a good solid brush. It ain't a Rooney.

proxy.php

Here it is dry and bloomed

proxy.php

My lijun two band finest badgers.
left to right:
28mm-28mm-(new 24mm-new24mm)-Manchuria region 28mm special finest.
i prefer new ones btw they are soft and white tips and very much backbone.
Regards.

Attachments

• $lijun brushes.jpg
    $lijun brushes.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 277

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
read HERE, someone just did a review and some pics. some of the newer handles appear to be Molded and NOT turned, if that matters to you. it does to me.

I don't mind molded handles. To me, the seam is just something that improves my grip on the brush. I have yet to enter a brush in a beauty contest.

Just received my Lijun 24 mm finest badger brush and it is pretty darn good for under 20$ bucks delivered to my door in Canada.
As i have been purchasing more soaps lately i needed something with more backbone than my
Frank's silvertip,my Edwin jagger best badger, and my Muhle synthetic silvertip.
This brush fit the bill perfectly and at a great price.
This is a thick dense brush with quite a bit of backbone.
It created a wild lather with my soaps that the others could not do with very little work.
Can say it is a little prickly but only used it twice till now.
I think in my opinion it is a pretty neat buy for the money as long as waiting is not an issue for you as it did take about 15 days to get here.
$DSC00090.jpg$DSC00094.jpg$DSC00092.jpg
Feels nice and hefty while holding also.
Some pictures beside my other brushes.
$DSC00096.jpg
from left to right,Frank's silvertip,EJ best,Lijun and Muhle synthetic.

Just been looking at the brushes on the bay. Surley those prices arnt right. A mere £13 shipped to the UK for a finest. I cant jusify buying and new brush at the moment as I'm waiting for my custom FS synth, but they do have a handle shape that takes my fancey and it comes with a stand. Hmmm, will keep and ey on these.

I have bought 3 of their 2 band finests and 2 of them have been great. Very dense, soft tips and lots of backbone. This is a face latherers brush. I will say that they're somewhat of a lather hog, but that will most likely change as they're broken in.

The third one I have is a shedder. For less than $17 I wouldn't expect phenomenal QC. However, the handle is very nice and I can always pop a new knot in there. They're a good travel brush.

I have bought 3 of their 2 band finests and 2 of them have been great. Very dense, soft tips and lots of backbone. This is a face latherers brush. I will say that they're somewhat of a lather hog, but that will most likely change as they're broken in.

The third one I have is a shedder. For less than $17 I wouldn't expect phenomenal QC. However, the handle is very nice and I can always pop a new knot in there. They're a good travel brush.

I agree with the "lather hog" part for the Lijun brush but still really great for the price.

Top Bottom