What's new

Lightly scented non-oily aftershaves

lasta

Blade Biter
Hey guys,

I have fairly oily skin and need aftershaves that don't clash with my collection of fragrances. I prefer alcohol based splashes, but I'm open to lotions/balms as well (if they don't leave an oily film).

I remember the following:

Nivea Sensitive/Original Balm: Great for the winter, but too oily otherwise.
Nivea Lotion: Even stickier than the balm.
Nivea Splash (silver, alcohol based): Workable for fall, but still too oily. Don't like the scent.
Proraso Green: A little bit better than the Niveas, but still too greasy. Scent strength acceptable.
Brut: Too oily. Don't like the scent.
Thayers Witch Hazel: Too oily. Don't like the scent.

Shiseido Bravas: Great! but scent too strong.
Various cologne aftershaves: Some very good (Baldessarini etc), but scent too strong.
Mandom (unscented, alcohol): Greasier than most balms.

There was a period when I just splashed vodka on my face, but I've become more sensible since:c1:.

Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream sounds like it fits the bill.

7A3EEFB6-6FB2-4042-8166-CE63D75AFC82.jpeg

I too have oily skin. Check out Myrsol line of aftershaves. No glycerin or any other sticky ingredients, nice and subtle scents, great vintage bottles, and many scents to chose from.

Speick active splash
Fine accoutrements italian citrus splash
Clarins men splash

As for balms I can highly recommend the Gel/balm from baxter of california which is pleasantly scented with a slight hint of mentol
and the rice water serum from A&E which absorbs really nice into the skin

Hey guys,

I have fairly oily skin and need aftershaves that don't clash with my collection of fragrances. I prefer alcohol based splashes, but I'm open to lotions/balms as well (if they don't leave an oily film).

I remember the following:

Nivea Sensitive/Original Balm: Great for the winter, but too oily otherwise.
Nivea Lotion: Even stickier than the balm.
Nivea Splash (silver, alcohol based): Workable for fall, but still too oily. Don't like the scent.
Proraso Green: A little bit better than the Niveas, but still too greasy. Scent strength acceptable.
Brut: Too oily. Don't like the scent.
Thayers Witch Hazel: Too oily. Don't like the scent.

Shiseido Bravas: Great! but scent too strong.
Various cologne aftershaves: Some very good (Baldessarini etc), but scent too strong.
Mandom (unscented, alcohol): Greasier than most balms.

There was a period when I just splashed vodka on my face, but I've become more sensible since:c1:.
Agree with SydneyShaver--Lucky Tiger Aftershave Tonic.

I'm late to the party, but All of the Gabel's original aftershaves might fit the bill for you as well. The scents are not particularly strong (except the lilac to my nose) but they fade quickly, and no oil to speak of...

Classic 4711 cologne used as an aftershave. Not at all oily, nice, light citrus scent that fades quite quickly. I've used it as an AS for years.

Top Bottom