What's new

Light Scent/Scent Free Shave Soap (newbie question)

To me Williams smells like Ivory bath soap....very mild scent. This soap works well and is super inexpensive. Sometimes you can even find it in local stores.
I like Ivory bar soap so I bet I will like Williams. I will keep an eye out for it. Maybe CVS has it.

I like Ivory bar soap so I bet I will like Williams. I will keep an eye out for it. Maybe CVS has it.
If they don’t have it in store then you can always go to their website and have them ship it to the store of your choice. Walgreens and Walmart also have that option. A couple soaps I like that are fairly inexpensive and lightly scented are Mitchell’s Wool Fat and La Toja. And both those perform really well though some people have had trouble with the MWF

Hello everyone. I am here to learn and put together an essential DE shave system on a tight budget. The goal is a quality shave and not so much a hobby. Can you suggest some bargain shave soaps that have little or no scent? I have migraine and this modern world of extreme scent bath soaps, body wash, shampoo, etc can sometimes start a headache. Right now I am using Bic disposable razor and Barbisol from Dollar General.I would also like some sort of after shave that is also vety light. Gillette use to sell a gel in a hard plastic tube that I liked. It had a very light scent.

Mitchell's Wool Fat is a good, light-scented scent that just smells clean. A puck will last you a long time and can be had for a few dollars.

I'm also sensitive to scented products.

Stirling Naked and Smooth is great for me! It's not the cheapest soap, but it's working well enough to justify the cost, for me!

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
I am not sure how much scent is too much, and definitely not sure what could cause a migraine, but a soap that has little scent, except that of "soap" and is considered an outstanding performer by 99% of us here, AND which is inexpensive, to boot, is the La Toja stick, at $7 from Amazon.

I also hate to think of you using the BIC disposables. I use them when traveling, and for what they are, they are great, but not that comfortable for an every day shaver, IMO. Here are two razor suggestions to get you into DE safety razor shaving without breaking the bank. The first one is very highly rated, but is $30. Reasonable, but if you are really on a tight budget, the second one is only $18.

and

Paired with a well-regarded blade here that also does not break the bank, the Astra SP, and you should notice a much more comfortable shave, I can almost guarantee it. Certainly better than the BICs and Barbasol. $10 for a hundred blades

And I'm assuming you do not have a brush (because Barbasol). This one is real badger and $18, and also highly rated at Amazon.

You can obsess over gear selection, but at your stage, it is just not worth it, IMO. Get some decent gear with a lot of reviewers and change your system from canned goo and disposables to something that will get you shaving comfortable right out of the gate. I hope you find a solultion! Here is a video on using a shave stick soap.

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
OH SHOOT! You said soap, and I didn't even think of scentless creams. Here are two good brands. No scent at all.

and

They may seem pricey, but you will shave with them for at least 6 months, depending on how much you use. How many Barbasol cans would that be? I'd bet two tubs of this will be a year's worth of shaving 5 days a week.

Top Bottom