What's new

"Light bulb" brush

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
This concept is not original to me.
I was impressed once at a B&B by a gentleman posted his deceased friend/brother's shaving supplies, including a homemade brush with a light bulb thread handle. (I can't find that post again)

I really like the idea of this, and I also like that the lamp holder can be replaced as the handle shell at will.
After a lapse of time, I decided to re-implement this idea. Although I use it is not a light bulb knot.

I did a little easy polishing to make the thread look smoother.
It doesn't respond to magnetism, so maybe chrome-plated brass or aluminum.
278278366_5118460678192794_6468820169303414379_n.jpg

278870648_5118460741526121_2148001794572097342_n.jpg

278449320_674379480337358_2348899438117937676_n.jpg

Last edited:

ERS4

And now the other way round! Fill a bulb with epoxy to add weight, make it shatterproof and keep the filament and then set a knot. I guess you would need to keep the metal ring as a collar somehow…

View attachment 1441802
This seems like a great concept and worth trying.
It is a pity that I use spiral electronic light bulbs in my house, and there are no such discarded light bulbs for reuse.

Looking forward to someone who can complete the idea you provide.

ERS4

I thought this topic was going to be about some revelation you had about shaving brushes. A "light bulb moment" as they say.

:biggrin:
Coincidentally, I did just browse the post about "light bouble moment" and reply to the photo of "Gillette token".

Hey, if you decide to make another I have an idea. I wonder if you could use a cheap LED bulb and remove the globe, leave the circuit board and fill it with resin. Then set the knot above it and you might have an under glow brush! :w00t:

Side note, putting it in a novelty lamp would give guests a laugh and might help dry your brush faster.

ERS4

Hey, if you decide to make another I have an idea. I wonder if you could use a cheap LED bulb and remove the globe, leave the circuit board and fill it with resin. Then set the knot above it and you might have an under glow brush! :w00t:

Side note, putting it in a novelty lamp would give guests a laugh and might help dry your brush faster.
It is even possible to consider the use of ultraviolet light-emitting elements to achieve the function of eliminating viruses.

I think we may have found the formula for making a fortune during covid.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
It is even possible to consider the use of ultraviolet light-emitting elements to achieve the function of eliminating viruses.

I think we may have found the formula for making a fortune during covid.
Sign me up as your "B list" celebrity spokes"person?" and I will only take 90% of the profits and zero responsibility and we (I?) are instant Billionaires, Baby!

Top Bottom