What's new

Life is too short for wet shaving

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
@rbscebu What's your 1 aftershave?
A home mix of 20% witch hazel and 80% bay rum. Have been using that for over a year. I love it and so do my girlfriends. My girlfriends like it because they can only smell it when they are very close to me. I like it because I can only smell it for a few minutes after application.

A home mix of 20% witch hazel and 80% bay rum. Have been using that for over a year. I love it and so do my girlfriends. My girlfriends like it because they can only smell it when they are very close to me. I like it because I can only smell it for a few minutes after application.

Nice, I sort of assumed you might be a cologne man, and the 1 aftershave meant little scent or unscented.

As a guy with too many aftershaves (several Bay Rums in the mix), I'm fascinated by the idea of only one aftershave, so it must be good!

Is the Bay Rum a home mix too or do you have a brand preference?

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Is the Bay Rum a home mix too or do you have a brand preference?
The bay rum I use is Wahl. I can purchase it for about USD 20 per litre including shipping. I haven't tried any other as I am happy with what I have now.

s-l1600.jpg

I have:
  • 5 different strops
  • 7 different soaps/creams
  • 5 different brushes
  • 1 aftershave
  • 5 different finishing stones/media
  • 28 different razors
  • 2 different M7DSs
That gives me 49,000 possible different combinations to try. At one shave per day, it will take me 134 years and 57 days.

+1! Sir, you just need to live long enough to work through this list!! :thumbup1::thumbup1:

The bay rum I use is Wahl. I can purchase it for about USD 20 per litre including shipping. I haven't tried any other as I am happy with what I have now.

Excellent, I haven’t tried but it’s on my radar now, thanks!

Enjoy it, and at this rate you better not even consider another aftershave.

I’m no mathematician, but wouldn’t that double the elevation of your already impossible-to-climb mountain?

Not to short for DE shaving at all. But definitely too short for the fetishistic rituals involved in with shaving straight razors.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
I dunno, @bkatbamna … Using the TTO mechanism on my Micromatics to do puppet commentary after every shave probably takes more time than stropping before and after a shave. And it hurts my voice a little.

Top Bottom