What's new

Life After Williams soap Suggestions please

Arko is $17.99 a dozen here. $1.50 a stick is mighty cheap. I bought a box of 12 earlier this month.

IMG_1711.jpeg

I'll throw out another, but I enjoy the Derby shave stick and/or puck. Arko's first cousin, and hence another close match to Williams. I found a puck on Amazon Prime for $7 a month ago, and Connaught usually has the sticks for about what the Arko sticks go for.

A sample of Stirling's Electric Sheep might be a fun splurge. I get 30-35 shaves from most Stirling samples, and Electric Sheep takes that citronella/lemongrass scent of Williams and Arko and dials it to ELEVEN, and it has way more face goodies in it. Just a thought.

If you want to go a step further, a stick of LaToja is another bargain soap with some serious performance. If you don't like using sticks, shred it up in a container and load it like Williams. It has a fresh clean scent and works as a no-nonsense shave product. The Lea shave stick is another excellent product in that same vein.

I'll throw out another, but I enjoy the Derby shave stick and/or puck. Arko's first cousin, and hence another close match to Williams. I found a puck on Amazon Prime for $7 a month ago, and Connaught usually has the sticks for about what the Arko sticks go for.

A sample of Stirling's Electric Sheep might be a fun splurge. I get 30-35 shaves from most Stirling samples, and Electric Sheep takes that citronella/lemongrass scent of Williams and Arko and dials it to ELEVEN, and it has way more face goodies in it. Just a thought.

If you want to go a step further, a stick of LaToja is another bargain soap with some serious performance. If you don't like using sticks, shred it up in a container and load it like Williams. It has a fresh clean scent and works as a no-nonsense shave product. The Lea shave stick is another excellent product in that same vein.
Good suffestions. Regarding Derby the shave sticks are good and more similar to Williams. Compared to Arko they are harder and not nearly as malleable - I use only as a stick as they would need to be grated into a mug whereas Arko can be manually molded into shape.

The issue is I'm not sure Derby still manufactures them, retailers that used to carry them are perpetually out of stock. Bought a couple as part of a Connaught Shaving order last fall and they soon went out-of-stock and have not been available since then. Italian Barber has shown them as sold out for over two years.

Hello B and B community: I have been using Williams soap for 5 years almost exclusively as my daily shaving soap. It was a great shock to discover the end of Williams a few months ago as I went to re-order. I am looking for suggestions as a replacement or just to up my soap game. Thank you!

Sir Asland408, let me suggest that you invest in a brick of Cella!
$35 on AMZN, so $1/oz or so.
You're a steady user, and a brick will last you 3-4 yrs!!

cella brick penhaligon schulze tuesday truefitt hill 1805 november 25 2015.jpg

Good suffestions. Regarding Derby the shave sticks are good and more similar to Williams. Compared to Arko they are harder and not nearly as malleable - I use only as a stick as they would need to be grated into a mug whereas Arko can be manually molded into shape.

The issue is I'm not sure Derby still manufactures them, retailers that used to carry them are perpetually out of stock. Bought a couple as part of a Connaught Shaving order last fall and they soon went out-of-stock and have not been available since then. Italian Barber has shown them as sold out for over two years.
That's why I purchased the puck, but I have 2 or 3 of the sticks squirreled away somewhere.

I need to amend, I ordered the sticks and received the tub of soap which was a great great bargain, and I would recommend that tub of derby premium shave soap. In all honesty probably a better soap for my face than either Arko or Williams. The only place I can find the stick is out of a website based in Australia.

Top Bottom