What's new

Life after Stirling?

My Sheep does not smell unscented or faint. I don’t mind it at all, but it definitely has a bit of a peculiar odour going on.
The scent is not faint. It just doesn't have any fragrance added. The scent is just from the ingredients to make it a soap. But it in no way smells like mutton fat or lamb to me.

If you have ever smelled milk straight out of a cow, before the cream has been separated off, etc..., that is what it smells like to me. Though, to my knowledge it contains no dairy products. I would say that I could see how someone would see it as smelling like fresh sheep's milk

It looks like Stirling has re-stocked Sheep. They've got tubs, refills, and samples available. They also raised the price of Sheep, from $14.25 to $15.05. IMO, it's worth the price increase -- great soap. And, as @Barbarian80 stated above, their beef tallow soap lathers up darn nice as well.
So glad to learn this. I'd much rather them raise the price than to stop offering an excellent line of products

It looks like Stirling has re-stocked Sheep. They've got tubs, refills, and samples available. They also raised the price of Sheep, from $14.25 to $15.05. IMO, it's worth the price increase -- great soap. And, as @Barbarian80 stated above, their beef tallow soap lathers up darn nice as well.

That's great. I liked their bath soap as well. Hope they come back with it.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Shave soaps tend to also make great bath soaps.

One option for the "NIB" soaps is to donate them to next year's St Sue Auction and have the proceeds go to fight cancer!

Don't know, but my sense is that sheep-raising is not as developed in the United States as it may be in other countries.

I haven't often met sheepish Americans.

I'd be interested in the T&H 1805.

To parse out individual requests and do all the packing and shipping required for each one is just more work than I want to do

Nothing wrong with the OP posing the original question per se, but ...

... the risk with these sorts of threads is, sooner or later, they devolve into guys trying to negotiate purchases or trades outside the BST.

The scent is not faint. It just doesn't have any fragrance added. The scent is just from the ingredients to make it a soap. But it in no way smells like mutton fat or lamb to me.

If you have ever smelled milk straight out of a cow, before the cream has been separated off, etc..., that is what it smells like to me. Though, to my knowledge it contains no dairy products. I would say that I could see how someone would see it as smelling like fresh sheep's milk
I've smelled plenty of milk, never fresh from the cow though. "Sheep" is a great soap, but I really didn't like the smell. Kind of gamey, hard to describe. I solved the problem by mixing it 50/50 with "Almond Creme". I like it now.

Top Bottom