What's new
    As per our long standing policy of not permitting medical advice on the forum - all threads concerning the Coronavirus will be locked.
    For more info on the coronavirus please see the link below:
    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/summary.html

"Lieutenant" and "Major" Reporting for Duty!

emwolf

Contributor
Shaved with the Major this morning. Outstanding razor for the price. I haven't broken out the soap yet, it's going to have to wait in line until I finish a few others.

BigFoot

It was a Stratocaster with a whammy bar!
I shaved with the Major as well. The heavy handle and the blade exposure makes for a very close shave. That is a great razor for the money.

Pkg arrived - The razor is awesome, it feels good, looks great, and shaves very well. I should have ordered two!
And the extra goodies are very much appreciated. TY!
Shaved with the Major this morning. Outstanding razor for the price. I haven't broken out the soap yet, it's going to have to wait in line until I finish a few others.
I shaved with the Major as well. The heavy handle and the blade exposure makes for a very close shave. That is a great razor for the money.
So glad you gentlemen like the razor!!

Hopefully more people will jump at this offer. That price is going to end soon....

That's a heckuva nice deal...but I have all the razors and soap I need.
Thanks all the same. Some day I really should try the Conk soap. I would lean toward the lime.

If you're thinking about getting in on the offer you might want to hurry! ;)
I got in on this deal (thanks Mike). Here are my impressions after shaving with the Major a few times.
  • Heavy: the Major is noticeably heavier than my chrome plated Edwin Jagger DE 89
  • Thick handle: it's visually thicker than my EJ
  • Height: about the same as my EJ
  • Finish: I'm guessing it's machined; it's definitely not chrome plated. The knurling on the handle gives a good grip. The rest of the razor has what I'll call a "satin" finish (i.e., not a high gloss).
  • There are no markings I could see indicating who manufactured the razor, or where it was manufactured.
  • Shaving: I've used Gillette Silver Blue (one of my favorite blades), Derby and Astra blades. The GSB left me with that "just shaved" feeling for several hours. In the end, I settled on the Astra blade as giving the most comfortable shave. With the Major, I really feel the blade (could be described as "aggressive"), much more so than the EJ, or a Gillette Superspeed, or a Gillette Adjustable on 5. Among my razors, the blade feel with the Major is closest to the RazoRock German 37 Slant.
  • Verdict: The Major will see service in my rotation, but it's a bit too aggressive to use daily (but then, neither is the German Slant). Mike's deal is definitely good value; included with the Major: shave soap, samples of beard oil and post-shave balm, a small jar of shave cream, a tuck of Derby blades, and a pen)

I got in on this deal (thanks Mike). Here are my impressions after shaving with the Major a few times.
  • Heavy: the Major is noticeably heavier than my chrome plated Edwin Jagger DE 89
  • Thick handle: it's visually thicker than my EJ
  • Height: about the same as my EJ
  • Finish: I'm guessing it's machined; it's definitely not chrome plated. The knurling on the handle gives a good grip. The rest of the razor has what I'll call a "satin" finish (i.e., not a high gloss).
  • There are no markings I could see indicating who manufactured the razor, or where it was manufactured.
  • Shaving: I've used Gillette Silver Blue (one of my favorite blades), Derby and Astra blades. The GSB left me with that "just shaved" feeling for several hours. In the end, I settled on the Astra blade as giving the most comfortable shave. With the Major, I really feel the blade (could be described as "aggressive"), much more so than the EJ, or a Gillette Superspeed, or a Gillette Adjustable on 5. Among my razors, the blade feel with the Major is closest to the RazoRock German 37 Slant.
  • Verdict: The Major will see service in my rotation, but it's a bit too aggressive to use daily (but then, neither is the German Slant). Mike's deal is definitely good value; included with the Major: shave soap, samples of beard oil and post-shave balm, a small jar of shave cream, a tuck of Derby blades, and a pen)
Thank you for you honest and thorough review. Your feedback is much appreciated.

Tomorrow (09-28-2018) will be the last day that this price will be honored.

Thank you so much to everyone that got in on this deal!

Dang, I just saw this thread :( what a fantastic deal. You guys were lucky, I wish I would have seen this. I’m sure the razor and soap are wonderful.

Top Bottom