What's new
  • Welcome back Guest!
    If you have been away from our site you may have to request a new password. Simply click on the link for "lost" password in the log in page.
    Thank you.
    The BST is now open, please note the changes in our guidelines to address the recent fraudulent activity. Ensure you read the guidelines prior to creating a sale thread in the Buy-Sell-Trade forum with special attention to the new photo and payment requirements.
    Thank you for your patience and understanding.

"Lieutenant" and "Major" Reporting for Duty!

emwolf

Contributor
Shaved with the Major this morning. Outstanding razor for the price. I haven't broken out the soap yet, it's going to have to wait in line until I finish a few others.

BigFoot

I grew a tail.
I shaved with the Major as well. The heavy handle and the blade exposure makes for a very close shave. That is a great razor for the money.

Pkg arrived - The razor is awesome, it feels good, looks great, and shaves very well. I should have ordered two!
And the extra goodies are very much appreciated. TY!
Shaved with the Major this morning. Outstanding razor for the price. I haven't broken out the soap yet, it's going to have to wait in line until I finish a few others.
I shaved with the Major as well. The heavy handle and the blade exposure makes for a very close shave. That is a great razor for the money.
So glad you gentlemen like the razor!!

Hopefully more people will jump at this offer. That price is going to end soon....

That's a heckuva nice deal...but I have all the razors and soap I need.
Thanks all the same. Some day I really should try the Conk soap. I would lean toward the lime.

If you're thinking about getting in on the offer you might want to hurry! ;)
I got in on this deal (thanks Mike). Here are my impressions after shaving with the Major a few times.
  • Heavy: the Major is noticeably heavier than my chrome plated Edwin Jagger DE 89
  • Thick handle: it's visually thicker than my EJ
  • Height: about the same as my EJ
  • Finish: I'm guessing it's machined; it's definitely not chrome plated. The knurling on the handle gives a good grip. The rest of the razor has what I'll call a "satin" finish (i.e., not a high gloss).
  • There are no markings I could see indicating who manufactured the razor, or where it was manufactured.
  • Shaving: I've used Gillette Silver Blue (one of my favorite blades), Derby and Astra blades. The GSB left me with that "just shaved" feeling for several hours. In the end, I settled on the Astra blade as giving the most comfortable shave. With the Major, I really feel the blade (could be described as "aggressive"), much more so than the EJ, or a Gillette Superspeed, or a Gillette Adjustable on 5. Among my razors, the blade feel with the Major is closest to the RazoRock German 37 Slant.
  • Verdict: The Major will see service in my rotation, but it's a bit too aggressive to use daily (but then, neither is the German Slant). Mike's deal is definitely good value; included with the Major: shave soap, samples of beard oil and post-shave balm, a small jar of shave cream, a tuck of Derby blades, and a pen)

I got in on this deal (thanks Mike). Here are my impressions after shaving with the Major a few times.
  • Heavy: the Major is noticeably heavier than my chrome plated Edwin Jagger DE 89
  • Thick handle: it's visually thicker than my EJ
  • Height: about the same as my EJ
  • Finish: I'm guessing it's machined; it's definitely not chrome plated. The knurling on the handle gives a good grip. The rest of the razor has what I'll call a "satin" finish (i.e., not a high gloss).
  • There are no markings I could see indicating who manufactured the razor, or where it was manufactured.
  • Shaving: I've used Gillette Silver Blue (one of my favorite blades), Derby and Astra blades. The GSB left me with that "just shaved" feeling for several hours. In the end, I settled on the Astra blade as giving the most comfortable shave. With the Major, I really feel the blade (could be described as "aggressive"), much more so than the EJ, or a Gillette Superspeed, or a Gillette Adjustable on 5. Among my razors, the blade feel with the Major is closest to the RazoRock German 37 Slant.
  • Verdict: The Major will see service in my rotation, but it's a bit too aggressive to use daily (but then, neither is the German Slant). Mike's deal is definitely good value; included with the Major: shave soap, samples of beard oil and post-shave balm, a small jar of shave cream, a tuck of Derby blades, and a pen)
Thank you for you honest and thorough review. Your feedback is much appreciated.

Tomorrow (09-28-2018) will be the last day that this price will be honored.

Thank you so much to everyone that got in on this deal!

Dang, I just saw this thread :( what a fantastic deal. You guys were lucky, I wish I would have seen this. I’m sure the razor and soap are wonderful.

Top Bottom