What's new

Lidl after shave splashes. Defiance & Fearless......

Lidl execs, if someone of you read this, it's time to bring these aftershaves on the European shelves.

Here in Greece these are sold for more than five years ,under
different names.
US Lidl’s Defiance is sold in EU as X-Bolt ,while Fearless is named as Aqua .

Both great after shave lotions,
punching way more than their weight.

The liquid-ish balm is very soothing and also a VFM .

They even have the same bottles and black plastic cap.
Defiance / X-Bolt is inspired by Boss Bottled .

There was another one ,
called Ice and was a pretty decent Davidoff Cool Water clone scent-wise ,but it is discontinued and was replaced by Fearless/Aqua ,which has a more citrucy and subtle scent .Still,can’t be beaten easily at this price point.

You can pile up a decent stock of these for pretty cheap.

Last edited:
It's a coincidence that this thread is so recent. I was at Lidl and saw these, did a search, read this thread, and bought Fearless. I wonder if these are recent additions to the Lidl lineup. It was my first time in one of their stores, but the store has been there for a little while.

I like the scent of Fearless just fine. I'm inexperienced with aftershaves and fragrances, so I'll just leave it at that.

Amazing for $2.50 (or whatever it was).

PS. - Fearless says "fresh and cooling", but there is no cooling sensation, which is fine by me.
I know they've had them since our store opened up a couple years ago. It was the first thing I purchased there.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Just picked up a couple of each variety for stock. Great stuff. Don’t know when this stuff will get discontinued, so I figured for $2.75 a bottle I would grab a few. Probably will grab more next Lild trip too. After all who thought the Vi-Jon spice would ever disappear.

Update: after a few month of using Fearless, Defiance, and the balm (can't think of the name) on and off, I can safely say these are my favorite "cheap" aftershaves. I like all 3 scents, and the balm is pleasant and absorbs quickly.

The bottles are great for travel, being sturdy glass. They don't leak and are flask-shaped, which makes them easier to fit in a dopp kit. A small detail, but I appreciate it! I'm actually looking forward to finishing a bottle so I can transfer some Clubman aftershaves into it.

I have never seen any of the house brand aftershaves at the many Aldis I have visited around the U.S. Are most or all of you guys in Europe? Or Europe + Virginia where I think the only Lidls in the U.S. are located?

Too bad, I would love to be able to try the Fearless.

Here in Greece these are sold for more than five years ,under
different names.
US Lidl’s Defiance is sold in EU as X-Bolt ,while Fearless is named as Aqua .

Both great after shave lotions,
punching way more than their weight.

The liquid-ish balm is very soothing and also a VFM .

They even have the same bottles and black plastic cap.
Defiance / X-Bolt is inspired by Boss Bottled .

There was another one ,
called Ice and was a pretty decent Davidoff Cool Water clone scent-wise ,but it is discontinued and was replaced by Fearless/Aqua ,which has a more citrucy and subtle scent .Still,can’t be beaten easily at this price point.

You can pile up a decent stock of these for pretty cheap.
Wonder if it's the same ones in the UK,
As Lidl also use the brand name cien for their products here too

Will check in my local Lidl when I get a chance

I have never seen any of the house brand aftershaves at the many Aldis I have visited around the U.S. Are most or all of you guys in Europe? Or Europe + Virginia where I think the only Lidls in the U.S. are located?

Too bad, I would love to be able to try the Fearless.

Lidl has been expanding a bit. Two have opened near me in the past couple of years.

I've never seen anything shave related in an Aldi, either. Just some disposables and canned foam.

Reactions: saj
got these from lidl today in birmingham, uk!

IMG_20210106_092519__01_compress21.jpg
IMG_20210106_105846__01_compress63.jpg
IMG_20210106_092521__01_compress2.jpg

smell nice too, i like the aqua one the best but the aftershave balm is nice too, all in all cant go wrong for £2 each

also popped into aldi but they only had laruca 5 blade cartridge razors and disposable cartridge razors and shaving gel no aftershaves at all

Attachments

• IMG_20210106_092519__01.jpg
    IMG_20210106_092519__01.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 10
Lidl has been expanding a bit. Two have opened near me in the past couple of years.

I've never seen anything shave related in an Aldi, either. Just some disposables and canned foam.
yea aldi only has laruca 5 blade cartridge razors and disposable cartridge razors and shaving gel no aftershaves at all

I just picked up all three at my local Lidl this afternoon. Just tried the Fearless. This store brand is an exceptional value.

FWIW, Lidl made an awesome garlic & chipotle BBQ sauce that is now discontinued. I sincerely hope these great post-shave products stay on the shelf. I will stock up on the balm just in case.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I sincerely hope these great post-shave products stay on the shelf. I will stock up on the balm just in case.

Good move. Who woulda thunk that ViJon Spice would have disappeared from the face of the Earth the way it did.

got these from lidl today in birmingham, uk!

View attachment 1204853View attachment 1204855View attachment 1204856

smell nice too, i like the aqua one the best but the aftershave balm is nice too, all in all cant go wrong for £2 each

also popped into aldi but they only had laruca 5 blade cartridge razors and disposable cartridge razors and shaving gel no aftershaves at all
i really like the lidl range and the aftershave balm seems just as good if not better then the nivea post shave balm too,
i really like this stuff and i love lidl as a whole too, like the electircal good come with three years warranty too,
i just regret not getting the ultrasonic cleaner from there :/

Along with those a/s splashes & balm, they’re offering a pretty decent eau de toilette. $7.99 for a decent scent.

33300940-97BB-4D49-AC6F-AD9998A78CFE.jpeg

63FD370B-7B6A-4422-94DF-072DA2979459.jpeg

Top Bottom