What's new

Lidl after shave splashes. Defiance & Fearless......

Picked up a couple of after shave splashes from a grand opening of a Lidl store in my local area. I saw these two in the personal care/hygiene aisle. At under $3 for each, I figured there was nothing to lose so, I grabbed them both. One is named Fearless, the other Defiance. Nearly 3.4 oz sizes in nice glass bottles that look and feel classy with a nice heft to them. Defiance has a modern, light fruit/aquatic vibe with some sweetness type scent that is actually quite nice. Fearless is more classic, old school with a clean oakmoss & vetiver type scent vibe that is quite good and is my favorite of the two. Very similar to Musgo Real No.#2 Oak Moss Cologne, maybe just a slight bit fresher and modern but, still enough of a throwback to classify it as an old time barbershop scent. They don’t have a flow reducer but, the orifice is not that big and one can actually control flow pretty easily. The liquid won’t come gushing out on a quick tip which is nice. I used Defiance today as the post shave splash and it gave a light quench/bracing effect that actually felt soothing & calming on my freshly shaved skin as there are some quality skin recovery ingredients listed. Scent longevity was pretty nice as well with about 3-4 hours worth of longevity for an after shave. Not to shabby if you ask me. The Misses liked it so that’s another win for me. Not bad at all for the $$$. Looking forward to trying out the Fearless scent and see how it performs.....

7972088F-D6E3-40CA-A9DE-D81D6F22178D.jpeg

7A164C80-39C3-4C37-A1AF-2ABB8F7C416A.jpeg

2874597E-44E6-4DC9-9190-BB1B95AA95AC.jpeg

2E681993-3A21-4F6F-8F74-639E29943B29.jpeg

B019C682-0479-4CD1-AC9C-72EEEB9490ED.jpeg

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
Nice, and they even have witch hazel. Too bad it looks like they're only sold locally.

I also picked up fearless, defiance, and the balm refined. No brainer for the price.

Used defiance iirc and it feels really nice, a bit sweeter than i am used to, but felt nice.

I expected both ASLs to have the same ingredients, but they are slightly different.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Went to Lidl yesterday. Picked up the Fearless and Defiance. Love the Fearless. Gave the Defiance to my son. He loves it. They had a third with a green logo. I will pick that up next time. Good score.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I used the Fearless for the first time after my shave today. The post shave feel was surprisingly good for a sub $3 splash. The scent was pleasant, and I can still smell it a bit an hour later. Not overwhelming, but its there. I think its a keeper.

It's a coincidence that this thread is so recent. I was at Lidl and saw these, did a search, read this thread, and bought Fearless. I wonder if these are recent additions to the Lidl lineup. It was my first time in one of their stores, but the store has been there for a little while.

I like the scent of Fearless just fine. I'm inexperienced with aftershaves and fragrances, so I'll just leave it at that.

Amazing for $2.50 (or whatever it was).

PS. - Fearless says "fresh and cooling", but there is no cooling sensation, which is fine by me.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I went back to Lidl and got the third variety. Turns out its labeled as an after shave balm. It's not as thick as balms I've used. It's more like a milky splash. It feels great and you can really feel the moisturizing properties of this one. My face felt great all day. Amazing for under 3 bucks.

2020-08-31 08.07.48.jpg

I went back to Lidl and got the third variety. Turns out its labeled as an after shave balm. It's not as thick as balms I've used. It's more like a milky splash. It feels great and you can really feel the moisturizing properties of this one. My face felt great all day. Amazing for under 3 bucks.

I also picked up fearless, defiance, and the balm refined.

totally agree, this has to be one of the better balms i've tried. scent is low key pleasant, and isn't as signficant as it is with the defiance (is that the amber one).

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
The last two shaves I used the ‘Refined’ Lidl balm, and then added a splash of the Fearless to kick it up a notch. The combination is quite excellent. I can’t believe how well this stuff performs for the price. I may have to get stocked up on this stuff before it goes all Vi-jon and disappears

A7666AD1-A6C9-4AB0-8184-480FCB2CDE23.jpeg

View attachment 1149776

Stopped in my local Lidl today for some extra burger & dog buns and picked up the balm. Nice, neutral scent with the consistency of hand sanitizer. Looking forward to this one for tomorrow's shave. Thanks for the tip....

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Stopped in my local Lidl today for some extra burger & dog buns and picked up the balm. Nice, neutral scent with the consistency of hand sanitizer. Looking forward to this one for tomorrow's shave. Thanks for the tip....

Any time! Its wonderful stuff. Expecially with a dash of the splash after the balm dries. Enjoy!

Used the balm twice this week and I have to say, it's been a real nice addition to the post shave regime. Goes on smooth and is absorbed very quickly. As has been stated previously here, the consistency of the product is a milky feel that has a bit more fluid than the standard thick cream in most balms. feel is good on the skin and gives a real nice, light and hydrated feel. It's a steal for the money and performance is pretty darn good as well....

1599676975357.png

I used the balm last nite and my wife who usually gripes about traditional scents, gave it a thumbs up with my asking.

i was thinking of heading back for a couple bottles.

Top Bottom