What's new

Liberate your shave!

... For my den, rose seemed like the best scent that they offer, so I got one. I have only ever tried rose before when it was mixed with other things...
CONGRATS!! 😀😀

It was the same for me, as I have / had a bunch of vetiver-fwd or vetiver dominant, fougere, barbershop, citrusy, etc but never a rose. Let alone, straight, linear, rose-only scent. The scent is present, but it is mild, it's nothing like - say - SV soaps (which I also like a lot). You open the jar of SV Opuntia and it's like spraying a cologne, it's "overpowering". This MdC rose for me is somewhere around 4-5 on a 1-10 scale, for the scent strength. You definitely can smell it throughout the shave, but you can literally apply ANY aftershave and it won't be conflicting. So, it's a winner.

Let us know how you like it, once you get yours!

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
I hew to the mantra of "use it up, wear it out, make it do." I also really appreciate nice things. Unfortunately, finding what was nice for me in the shaving realm was a great deal more difficult than finding a shirt I liked. Before joining B&B I used the same old badger brush for decades, the same old blades, whatever soap or cream I could buy in a local store, and so on. I was able to find aftershaves I liked ages ago. So other than having 2-3 choices for aftershave, I was not very. acquisitive. When my brush got so sad and floppy it clearly needed to be replaced I latched onto this place. Since then I have found and bought three brushes. I like all three, although one, the Chubby 1 in best, is a huge shedder. So I have a two brush rotation and a T2 synthetic for travel. I tried various soaps and creams. Creams disappear pretty fast. So it was easy to plow through the ones I would not buy again. Soaps take longer, but after a few years I am down to the two in my daily regimen and a 1/4 of a puck of Pre de Provence in my travel kit. Over the last few years I tried three razors, gave away two, and am now set with one keeper. The biggest curse for me is blades. This morning I checked my inventory and counted about 55 Israeli Personnas, three Astra platinums, six Crystals, and one Nacet. Sadly, the Israeli Personnas, are my least favorite of the bunch, but since I bought them, I am going to use them all. I like to use a blade a long time, but to accelerate the disposition they may only get ten days to two weeks rather than a month. I'll rotate the others in from time to time. Every time I shave I will be reminded not to buy more than I ought. A PIF for a somewhat small bunch of such blades is probably not in the cards. I am pretty set in my ways and will never become a true hobbyist. I am thrilled that in my six decades of shaving I never bought an aftershave I detested too much to use it up.

CONGRATS!! 😀😀

Let us know how you like it, once you get yours!

My soap came in a day early. I tried a midday shave just to try it out. The soap performed great. It needs less water than I suspected, so I will get that dialed in. Overall, it’s a winner assuming I don’t develop a rash with it - none so far.

I do not drink or go out I prefer my own food and eat very minimal (carnivore animal base) and OMAD so I love what I eat and prepare well but I don't ever want to go out to eat no desire to try new things ?

I have a few hobbies
sewing outdoor gear bicycle riding(huge freaking expense) shaving is new :) RC cars and camping
as a full time pro photographer its not a hobby but gear heavy especially studio gear
IMHO shaving to me is a fun new thing to go overboard try it all and I will narrow down to only what I really love and no want to collect BUT I do think one has to try everything and this is why we work and I have no guilt of spending I might have some bummer but now I know feeling BUT again hobbies what does RC car get you but fun same as photography for those that do it as a hobby is very expensive compared to shaving buying a 20 soap vs going to a bar or even espresso on the road is nothing

anyway that is how I look at it :) and comparing to what regular razors cost the price I pay might even be more for DE shaving BUT I enjoy it more and have items that bring a smile when I use them and that alone is a HUGE thing

my goal in life is to enjoy what I am doing or find a way to enjoy it and before this I hated shaving !!!! now I look forward to it

things I do not like I am going to try till I really know OR maybe sell as a bunch for super cheap or PIF but think I need to come around over a year or so and will just not rebuy also knowing what I like moving forward the side of me that only owns a few shirts a few shorts 2 shoes minimal lifestyle less is more so wont keep using stuff I do not like once I know I really like it (if that makes sense)

My soap came in a day early. I tried a midday shave just to try it out. The soap performed great. It needs less water than I suspected, so I will get that dialed in. Overall, it’s a winner assuming I don’t develop a rash with it - none so far.
Great to hear, congratulations!! 👍👍😃

Top Bottom