What's new

Liber (and razors) medicina animi

Razor: Gamechanger 84SB

Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Família

Soap: Arko

Blade: Star (1)

Bowl: Captain’s Choice

Book: Norse Mithology

The Star blade is very smooth and not so sharp.

19DAEE06-609E-4103-95EA-005B56F7998E.jpeg

The Book:

I’ve found similarities in Norse mythology and the anime Attack on Titan. The first creature in the Norse is named Ymir, so there is a Ymir in the anime. Both are the ancestors of the first giants. :)

D007944A-8E57-487D-AF02-79AC428AA621.jpeg

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Nice! I didn’t realize Mr. Gaiman wrote a book solely on Norse myths. His television series, American Gods, had Wotan as a central character.

Here’s the book on Norse myths I read to my daughter:

1647864599858.jpeg

We also read Greek myths from the same authors and illustrators.

I have no idea if the stories retold by the Daulaires had any accuracy, but aI enjoyed them.

Now I have to watch “Attack On Titan.” Does Eren Yaeger really smell like a Baka?

thombrogan

Season one is now added to my distractions.

We’re currently watching “Cracow Monsters” and some of the supernatural entities share names with razors from Stando Polska.

I have no idea if the stories retold by the Daulaires had any accuracy, but aI enjoyed them.
Probably not. Norse mithology is not for children :). Do you know that Loki has gave birth to a horse? Sex with horses is not children story for sure :c1:

thombrogan

They covered Loki’s offspring in a very general way. I remember Sleipnir, Fenrir, Hel, and Jormugandr, but not the other kin. The mechanics were not discussed.

Brush: SOC Finest Badger

Soap: SV Cosmo

Blade: Personna X Series (2)

First time using SV and a triple milled soap. Super rich lather and the soap last forever.

88D92E33-99AF-4FC6-A9D9-7B4C00D077C2.jpeg

The Book: Maus, a survivor’s tale.

Second book I‘ve read about the concentration camps. Sad the physical and psychological torture suffered in those camps.

The book talks also about the relationship between father and son. During the interviews to write the HQ, the relationship between the 2 grow. Knowing all your father suffered in those camps make the son understand better his father.

I didn’t read the second part of the HQ, but is already worth the reading.

931A2044-0F44-4ABF-AF84-5CA5CB5F3166.jpeg

Razor: Wolfman WR2 1.25

Brush: SOC badger

Soap: Murphy & McNeil Náid

Blade: Personna X (5)

Still finding the “one” blade. I didn’t like the Personna X-Series. The blade tug in the first shave. It’s s my fifth shave and Im done. Too much tug and burn after using the AS.

613E7421-8540-4AE9-BA87-DF7B861D50B1.jpeg

Last edited:
Razor: Gamechanger 84-P

Brush: Semogue 830

Soap: SV Cosmo

Blade: Treet Silver (1)

I’m glad to participate in another challenge and try new blades. I was a little salty with the Treet brand because the Treet New Steel which was my worse blade I’ve ever use. Also, I don’t like carbon blades because take the blade out after every use is a little annoying . I’m lazy and carbon usually rust inside the razor. However, I really like the Treet Silver, a very smooth blade.

18C476F8-504F-49C1-8BDE-84AABE9DA150.jpeg

Brush: PAA Peregrino

Soap: Proraso Cream Rinfrescante

Blade: Vintage Schick (1)

Another incredible challenge. This blade was made in the 60’s 😲.

It’s a little rough and I get a little nick in my trouble spot. Probably an user error, my lather was watery and I put some pressure too. But not bad for a blade with more than 60 years old. I hope I still that sharp in my sixties :)

45FEBC52-4C0F-44BC-85EB-C67A74950CA5.jpeg

Razor: Blackbird SS

Soap: B&M Leviathan

Blade: Vintage Schick (5)

Awesome shave. This vintage Schick is very thin and flexible, so in a razor which flex the blade a lot like the BB something magical happened. Fifth shave and the blade is going strong.

28DDAB5A-A321-4889-901E-7887FC45816A.jpeg

Soap: Stirling Eletric Sheep

Blade: Vintage Schick (1)

The Stirling Eletric Sheep is amazing. The scent is a upscale Arko and the post shave feel of this sheep base is amazing.

2705BBBE-6A68-4920-A36B-A208297AA844.jpeg

Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Família

Soap: Arko

Blade: Shark Super Stainless (3)

The Shark blade is very tricky, the smooth but not so sharp but you can get a weeper suddenly. I’ve never seen a blade behavior like this :) Sharks are sneaky 😂

B7A358B0-38C3-42EE-BFB3-A3847DDECE0A.jpeg

Last edited:
which DE razor was your first?
My first DE was a Rockwell 6C white chrome and my first brush was a Semogue 830. I still have the brush, but not the razor. So many memories …

I can buy another, but isn’t the same. Don’t have the sentimental value. Razors are relatively cheap and take little space, is not like keep your first car in the garage for the eternity. 😅

That’s why I started journaling, to keep recorded my first impressions about wetshaving.

Top Bottom