What's new

L'Homme by Roger et Gallet for a Touch of France

Gents,
If the following fragrance sounds like something you would enjoy:
L'Homme Roger & Gallet, an original and rare perfume that never ceases to amaze. Its fresh, citrus head notes created by a harmony of mint, juniper berry and ylang ylang is sustained by woody notes enriched with spice and amber.
try this delightful shaving soap.
Available in this really exquisite wooden bowl:

full

The fragrance and lather are as good or better than any of the Three T's:
full

Get up close and sniiff! :a2:

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool pics.... I will have to try that soap some day - sounds mighty interesting... now - where did you get that cool soap dish in the background? :biggrin:

joel said:
Cool pics.... I will have to try that soap some day - sounds mighty interesting... now - where did you get that cool soap dish in the background? :biggrin:
Part of a set from Nordstroms (mail order). Note: That's Crabtree and Evelyn moisturing sandalwood soap in the dish.

Edit:
Dillard's vice Nordstrom's :confused1

Well, I finally got around to trying the Roger & Gallet L'Homme, and after 2 days it's already becoming one of my favorites. I like a slick lather, and the R&G is as slick as the best of them--T&H, Floris, L'Occitane (we're talking soaps here, BTW), and (on my face) much slicker than the DR Harris soap. Another nice aspect of this soap is that it feels like it's moisturizing my face while I shave. Quite a feat considering that I have very dry skin (accutane).

One word of caution: the R&G is a fragrant soap, to the point where it smells like we now have an air freshener in our bathroom. Fortunately, my wife likes the fragrance, so this isn't an issue for us, but it could have been. The odd thing is the fragrance is less noticable in the wet lather than it is in the dry soap sitting in the bowl. :confused:

Let me close with a thank you to Ron for giving a heads-up on this fine shaving soap!

Mike

Ron, I have that soap, it's indeed fantastic. The scent is lovely, as well as the lather and overall shave. By the way, you give beautiful reviews! :thumbup1:

Jeff

Top Bottom