What's new

Lexington, Ky Honing????

I know from an old thread there are some other members in the area. Do any of you all know of a honing service in the area? Trying to do my research ahead of time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m down the road in Frankfort. I don’t offer a honing service or know of any nearby, but If you need help getting started, let me know. I’m far from expert, but I can hone a blade if the geometry is reasonable.

I’m down the road in Frankfort. I don’t offer a honing service or know of any nearby, but If you need help getting started, let me know. I’m far from expert, but I can hone a blade if the geometry is reasonable.

Thanks so much for the offer. I’ll keep that in mind in the coming months! Any suggestions for equipment to get started? I was thinking about either the balsa or 3m route.

I’ve never worked with balsa, but you can get lapping film at Woodcraft on Palumbo. I mostly use jnats these days, but I have always enjoyed honing on natural stones, and use them for woodworking tools as well. Lapping film is a good way to get started without a huge investmen.

I’ve never worked with balsa, but you can get lapping film at Woodcraft on Palumbo. I mostly use jnats these days, but I have always enjoyed honing on natural stones, and use them for woodworking tools as well. Lapping film is a good way to get started without a huge investmen.

Do you know of any other places than woodcraft for lapping film? The did a friend terribly wrong, so I won’t do business with them.

Top Bottom