What's new

Levin's Hair Pomade

J

Jonny138

I was on thegreaseshop website last night looking through pomades, which I'm completely new to, and the Levin's hair pomade stuck out to me. I like the tin and I'm looking for that wet n' greazy look and these sound like the cure. Anyone use this stuff and can give a word about how it holds?

Haven't tried Levin's but recently started using Murray's (have both original & super light) and am very happy with the hold/look. I know some people use Murray's for the hold & Royal Crown for the shine but Im happy with the Murray's alone. Both Murray's & Royal Crown are super cheap & available everywhere (walgreens, CVS, Rite aid, etc...)

To be honest, I'm a bit of a pomade nut. However, I've never tried Levin's. I don't dig the quality that the parafin wax gives Murrays. To me it feels like you're waterproofing your hair. I love the smell of Royal Crown, but it stays a bit oily in my hair. Brycreem is nice, but doesn't offer much hold. My all-time-favorite (and I believe the best pomade ever!) is High Life Pomade. It uses a beeswax base and "dries" a bit in your hair, so there isn't as much of a "greasy" feeling, and the smell is to amazing. I like to use a little of the Heavy HL for max hold and finish with some Voodoo Brew for shine (and blending, Voodoo has a purple tint so it doesn't streak in dark hair). Other days I just go with the Voodoo Brew. I order directly from the website. They're quick to deliver, and Adam, the owner, is a really nice guy.

I like Dapper Dan and Fop. :lol::lol:

Just kiddin... I have no experience with Levin's either but I've tried a few and I like Dax the best (is Dax considered pomade?).

I like Dapper Dan and Fop. :lol::lol:

Just kiddin... I have no experience with Levin's either but I've tried a few and I like Dax the best (is Dax considered pomade?).

Well, depends on what kind of Dax you're using. They do have a pomade, my barber used to use it in his shop....actually, I think I may pick some up this week when I do my shopping.

Top Bottom