What's new

Let’s talk Timless caps.

My stainless, matte scalloped cap is much smoother on my oily face than any of my smooth and/or polished caps. For science I took several caps and just tried to glide them over my check. Sure they are all steep shavers and likely not much of these caps even touch my face much but…..
Caps tested:
EJ89 smooth polished
Blackbird SS polished
Pearl Flexi smooth matte
Timeless SS matte scalloped
Overlander brass smooth matte

By a very large margin, the Timeless ran over my check with significantly less friction then the rest. Now, does this matter even a little bit being I’m a steep shaver? I’m figuring out my next Timeless cap and my eyes want a polished scalloped yet my brain wants an equally smooth shave. Thoughts?

Iridian

Cool and slimy
You can make a safe bet that the polished cap of the same type is even smoother.
I can only guess, I have no matte scalloped cap, but one scalloped and polished SS cap for Timeless.

As a steep shaver you won't benefit as much, but with the Timeless .95 SB/OC head you will still have friction on the cap, it is quite a dome. Just hold it on your face and adjust the angles and look in the mirror.

Scalloped is nice, not only does it match the OC so nicely, it is nice in general. My DSCosmetic S9 clone of the GC. 84 shaves a little bitter better than my original GC .84 SB, and I blame that mostly on the scalloped cap.

Might also improve the funny lanes in the lather one can create with a matching OC comb...^^

You can make a safe bet that the polished cap of the same type is even smoother.
I can only guess, I have no matte scalloped cap, but one scalloped and polished SS cap for Timeless.

As a steep shaver you won't benefit as much, but with the Timeless .95 SB/OC head you will still have friction on the cap, it is quite a dome. Just hold it on your face and adjust the angles and look in the mirror.

Scalloped is nice, not only does it match the OC so nicely, it is nice in general. My DSCosmetic S9 clone of the GC. 84 shaves a little bitter better than my original GC .84 SB, and I blame that mostly on the scalloped cap.

Might also improve the funny lanes in the lather one can create with a matching OC comb...^^
Esthetics aside, do you think the scalloped performs better/different from your smooth?

Iridian

Cool and slimy
Esthetics aside, do you think the scalloped performs better/different from your smooth?
That's a guess on my part, but I think yes. I simply do NOT own a smooth/non-scalloped Timeless cap.
I have three SS plates, but only one cap (two if one counts the bronze cap) for them, and even my SB plate is actually a SC plate, as it is... scalloped as well.
thethreescallops.jpg

But I like the scalloped cap of the S9 a lot, too. Much more than the non-scalloped caps I have from DSCosmetic. I do think it makes a difference. :thumbsup:

have a scalloped Ti cap no other scallops on my other razors ? and no smooth in the timeless but for sure does glide the best out of all my razors
when I do a custom Ti Wolfman want to request the scallop love love the scallop caps

Top Bottom