What's new

Let’s Talk Mustard!!!

Graydog

Biblical Innards
What's in our fridge right now ☺️
PXL_20210719_111808252.PORTRAIT.jpg

How fun does that look!? And I love the art work on all those vintage mustard tins. Reminiscent of orange/fruit cake artwork which I also love. I didn’t realize there were so many mustard heads out there!🤣
Oops I meant to write orange/fruit crate artwork. You know those labels on the sides of the crates 😁

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
Oops I meant to write orange/fruit crate artwork. You know those labels on the sides of the crates 😁

Whenever I see a calendar that has old fruit crate label illustrations, I buy it. Didn't find one this year, bummer.

I know what yer sayin'. Fruitcake's good, too.

O.H.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
SharpieB:
proxy.php
The Mrs. and I love mustard (on sandwiches, fish, pasta, eggs, chicken, sauces, salad dressings etc...), and these are
our favorites we have in our 'frig';

Yellow - Heinz (Potato Salad)
Creole - Zatarain's
Honey Mustard - French's
Spicey Brown - French's
Grey Poupon Mild & Creamy
Grey Poupon Deli w/ Horseradish

1626755226247.png
“....try the mustard, -- a [person] can't know what perfection [is] without mustard.”
Mark Twain

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Best mustard commercial ever ...

good old Coleman's English mustard, preferably the powder you make up yourself as it has much more of a kick.

I like the "hot English" mustard. Usually Keen's, which is the readily available kind here. I have not tried the Col(e)man's powder yet, but will have to give it a try.

On egg rolls, it has to be Chinese Hot Mustard. The kind that melts all of your nose hairs.

Oooh ... I have to look for this!!

Keen’s Hot Mustard🔥

That's my stuff!

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Never really tumbled to how many varieties of a common condiment were available, or that had slowly taken up residence here .. aside from their near indefinite fridge door life, they give me a smile every once in a while when I use them. My best pick besides Ballpark Mustard is the dried Chinese powdered stuff - perfect for one who make's egg rolls every six months max and got tired of throwing out saved packs or jarred stuff that had turned

I'm a simple guy. French's or Plochman's yellow on burgers, hotdogs and smoked sausages. Plochman's stone ground on grilled brats, on ham or summer sausage sandwiches. I admit to marvel at the vast array of mustards sold at the supermarket, just never dived in to try any aside from Grey Poupon, which never hit the button with me.

I'm a simple guy. French's or Plochman's yellow on burgers, hotdogs and smoked sausages. Plochman's stone ground on grilled brats, on ham or summer sausage sandwiches. I admit to marvel at the vast array of mustards sold at the supermarket, just never dived in to try any aside from Grey Poupon, which never hit the button with me.

Do you also limit yourself to one razor, one blade, one brush, and one shaving soap?

As they say, variety is the spice of life. Branch out; live a little; try something new...like a different mustard; you might like it. :D

You can buy Coleman's as a prepared mustard too. I go through a lot of it (small jars), so I ordered a 6 pack from Bezos Central. It arrived all the way from England.
I find the ready prepared Colman's mustard a bit too sweet. While it is convenient (and I do buy it too for convenience) it is not the same as when you mix dry mustard with water.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I love Gulden’s Stone Ground Mustard on my meat sandwiches, but I also like Dijon mustard from time to time.

On egg rolls, it has to be Chinese Hot Mustard. The kind that melts all of your nose hairs.

For corned beef, just ground horseradish, no mustard.

For ballpark franks French’s Mustard is still the best.
Fell in love with this on dogs going to Muni stadium in the 80s to watch the Indians.

Top Bottom