What's new

Let’s Talk Mustard!!!

I wonder how it would work sprinkled on top, dry.
Used as a dry rub on meats along with antioxidant herbs, and crust removed after cooking you get some flavor, very little if any heat, but mostly it’s the antioxidant properties that serve to reduce the gaminess of stronger flavored meats/fats.

I'm a big fan of the house of q slow smoked gold. I put it in anything from beans to pastrami. I'm must admit I am a bbq addict. When I am not eating bbq I prefer Colman's

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
SharpieB:
proxy.php
The Mrs. and I love mustard (on sandwiches, fish, pasta, eggs, chicken, sauces, salad dressings etc...), and these are
our favorites we have in our 'frig';

Yellow - Heinz (Potato Salad)
Creole - Zatarain's
Honey Mustard - French's
Spicey Brown - French's
Grey Poupon Mild & Creamy
Grey Poupon Deli w/ Horseradish
1710037851263.jpeg
"French’s Just Released a First-of-Its-Kind Mustard We Can’t Wait to Put on Everything [I gotta get me some]"

"It’s kind of a big dill (introducing French's Creamy Dill Pickle Mustard...coming to a retailer near you)". 🥒

By Carissa Chesanek - allreceipes - 8 Mar 24

"French’s knows a thing or two about good mustard—including how to properly store it. While the brand is best known for its classic yellow mustard made with distilled vinegar and No. 1 grade mustard seed, it hasn’t been shy about experimenting with other fun flavors.

From creamy roasted garlic to honey chipotle, French’s has provided us with many spreadable options to enjoy on our sandwiches and more.

Now, the company has a new flavor to try for anyone who enjoys a variety of mustards and also craves another beloved briny condiment (or snack, depending on who you ask).

French’s recently released its brand-new Creamy Dill Pickle Mustard, which combines two fan-favorite condiments into one flavorful sandwich spread.

proxy.php

This new mustard offers the traditional tangy flavor of its yellow mustard mixed with the delightful sourness of a dill pickle, making it the ideal spread on so many grill-worthy eats this spring and summer, such as burgers and hot dogs, fresh salads, or even deviled eggs.

[...] One happy fan exclaimed, "This might be the best thing ever!" Another agreed, "There are so many ways to make this food fabulous."

French's Creamy Dill Pickle Mustard is now available at major retailers nationwide. Prices will vary depending on your location. However, we found a bottle online from ShopRite via Instacart for $4.21". :thumbsup:

Works Cited: French's Creamy Dill Pickle Mustard

1710036644285.png
“....try the [dill] mustard, -- a [person] can't know what perfection [is] without mustard". Mark Twain

Last edited:
I like plain yellow mustard. “Fancy” mustards really turn me off, with one exception: I was in Bermuda with Mrs Q and we bought some items at a small grocery for a picnic. Among them was a jar of Colman’s Mustard, something we’d never heard of. We liberally smeared it on our sandwiches, bit in and BOOOOM !!! had our heads blown off by the wasabi-like gases emitted by this stuff. WOW ! After, we bought Colman’s prepared and dry in the US but it never had that intensity, I don’t know why. In Bermuda it was oddly delicious, but only in very small quantities.

Last edited:
I've ranged far and wide with mustards. Now most of my needs are fulfilled with four:

Colman's (prepared). The classic basic hot mustard.

Sierra Nevada Porter Spicy Brown Mustard. I have found my brown mustard nirvana, and this is it.

Hatch Chile Co Green Chile Co Green Chile mustard. They deal in Hatch Chiles, so they know you have to add a lot of them to get that flavor. It's perfect for a surprising number of different things, even Weisswurst.

And of course Maille Dijon, grainy and not-grainy, for when mustard is an ingredient instead of a condiment.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Besides the usual suspects, these get a lot of play here. The Cleve-town Stadium mustard is probably my favorite, right up there with Zatarain's Creole variety. I don't use enough Chinese Mustard to warrant a whole bottle, but that dried stuff works great mixed up to the strength & amount you need ..

DSC01192.JPG

My usual French's mustard was past the best-by date. I went to Target to replace it with some spicy brown Gulden's. Unfortunately, they dont sell it at that store and I got the Target "Market Pantry" brand instead.

Store brands at Target have been hit/miss with me. Sometimes they knock it out of the park, sometimes strike out.

The Market Pantry spicy brown was surprisingly good on a roast beef sandwich I had.

Not serious gourmet stuff by any means, but still recommended.

1710122178590.png

My favorite Mustard today is Way-Mart Brand southwest, mixed with Jalapinos, and Red Onion is is kick butt toping on Hot Dogs, or Brats on Bun. Rubbed on Flank Steak, and sprinkled with power garlic, and Pepper it is great for grill Flank Steak. Price under $1.50 YUMYUM.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Say Mustard lovers...Heinz just come out with 'Heinz Salad Cream' (is a mayonnaise type dressing which is great for salads...the taste is delicious with a little hint of vinegar and mustard).

"Famous chef Marco Pierre White once said: Heinz Salad Cream is one of the greatest culinary inventions of the 20th century. And recent 'Hell's Kitchen' winner Chef Gary Rhodes added: "Heinz Salad Cream is a Brit classic".

proxy.php

Works Cited: Heinz Salad Cream

proxy.php
"I believe mustard to be one of the most amazing condiments". Justin Timberlake

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
Say Mustard lovers...Heinz just come out with 'Heinz Salad Cream' (is a mayonnaise type dressing which is great for salads...the taste is delicious with a little hint of vinegar and mustard).

"Famous chef Marco Pierre White once said: Heinz Salad Cream is one of the greatest culinary inventions of the 20th century. And recent 'Hell's Kitchen' winner Chef Gary Rhodes added: "Heinz Salad Cream is a Brit classic".

proxy.php

Works Cited: Heinz Salad Cream

proxy.php
"I believe mustard to be one of the most amazing condiments". Justin Timberlake
I've seen that on the shelf before. I wasn't quite sure what to make of it. :)

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
1710247848133.jpeg
We enjoyed this with our Bratwurst on a river cruise through Germany a few years back. We liked it so much we found a vendor in the town and purchased a few tubes. Considerably later we found it on Amazon.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Back in Australia, I loved (still do but can't find it at my local grocery store) English hot mustard. I believe that I was buying Coleman's English Hot Mustard. I know, I can buy it online but $10 for a jar of mustard is a bit excessive there. Or it's a matter that I'm unable to read a few ingredients (which complicates things).

Over here, any regular yellow mustard does the trick for those quick sandwiches or salad dressings (I replaced mayonnaise/olive oil with mustard to reduce my caloric intake).

Other than that, I like French Dijon mustard. I used to buy Maille Dijon mustard (since they had it at Costco) but I find that the French's mustard tastes better.

Top Bottom