What's new

Lets talk lathering technique

Face lather exclusively using Hasslinger soap. I’ve never been able to build a lather in a bowl, but with face lathering, I can get the lather just right.

Face lather exclusively using Hasslinger soap. I’ve never been able to build a lather in a bowl, but with face lathering, I can get the lather just right.
It is harder to get it just right when you bowl lather. At least it was for me, so when I first started I face lathered every shave and in the evening when my wife and I were in the bedroom watching tv I'd stand in the doorway to the bathroom and practice bowl lathering until I got it right and could get it right everytime. Now I lather whichever way I feel like doing that morning. I like that it takes a little longer to bowl lather. I love the act of shaving and anything that draws it out is fine by me. Bowl lathering adds a little feeling of ceremony.

I load up the brush really well and then go to the bowl. If the lather looks a little watery, that's the best. You are going to beat it into a good lather. I add a tiny bit of warm water to the scuttle after I am satisfied. If I need to go back, I want to thin it out a bit.

Top Bottom