What's new

Let's Talk Body Washes!

So give me your thoughts and recommendations. I like the sound of "Every Man Jack" body wash and it appears to be an all natural product? Never used it myself but sounds interesting...

Grandpa's Pine Tar Soap. I love this stuff. It's dirt cheap and it's the best soap I've ever used. Although it's not, technically, a body "wash" per say, it's a great smelling soap that works wonders on my dry skin. I highly recommend trying it out if you've never used it.

The Captains Choice soaps are all strong smelling and great ingredients. I have also gifted many of the Razorock Body soaps. Although not the absolute best ingredients wise, I do like the Mitchell's Wool Fat body soap. The bar is really big!

I am generally a bath soap guy these days (Yardley, Stirling, etc). On the occasion that I use a liquid soap, it is always Dr. Bronners --- I put some in a foaming soap dispenser at 6:1 (water:soap) ratio.

In the winter it's Ivory with Aloe and the rest of the year it's either Speick (man I love that company)or an Irish Spring one. I haven't found an Old Spice one yet with a scent that appeals to me.

EMJ is nice. I bought a couple of bottles when they had a sale and it has nice ingredients and a light minty smell. I don't know that I'd say it's anything really special, but I do like that EMJ is very competitively priced and doesn't have any "bad" stuff in their products. In the winter I tend to go for soap with shea butter in it as it seems to help prevent my eczema. Dr. Bronners has a liquid that works well for me although it seems to take a fair amount for a decent lather. In the summer I like a soap with some activated charcoal in it like Origins or some others that I can't recall at the moment. My skin gets oily then and that works for me.

So give me your thoughts and recommendations. I like the sound of "Every Man Jack" body wash and it appears to be an all natural product? Never used it myself but sounds interesting...

Every Man Jack is OK. I like the Sandalwood. For regular body washes I really like the Old Spice varieties, especially Hawkridge and Fiji. If you're looking for something a little more natural, get your hands on some homemade goat's milk soap. You rub it into you pouf (or whatever you use) and lather it up the same as you would a liquid body wash. Another really nice soap is the original Satiya Sai Baba Nag Champa soap. Same thing - rub into your pouf and lather. Leaves your skin very soft and smooth and smells unbelievable.

I typically use the Old Spice body wash + shampoo. That way I just have the one bottle and it goes everywhere. I'm not into the new scents though, and stick with just the original. Maybe the sport or fresh if the original is out.

+1 on Dr. Bronners. They make great products. The castille soap is great for hair and body. Don't forget their conditioner. Leaves hair silky soft. Mostly organic too.

Try visiting TJ Maxx. They normally have premium body washes for men there. They had the Zirh Warrior collection about a month ago running for $5 a bottle and they normally sell it at $22.50 retail.

I'm currently using the Recipe For Men Ultra Clean Body Wash. It's basically a sweet grapefruit. I like it. Foams well and doesn't dry me out at all.

I ordered a couple of 18oz Old Spice Classic body wash containers today from drugstore.com. There is a promo of buy 2 get $1 off each. Apparently I had some kind of credit to use before the end of January so with shipping, it cost me $3.98. So at about $2 each, I'm pretty excited to try it.

Top Bottom