What's new

Let's talk about POLO green

Latest formula of Polo, good or bad?

• Total voters
I have several bottles, Warner Cosmair, early Cosmair, late Cosmair, and the latest batch..

They ALL smell like Polo to me, with slight nuances, but apparently, the latest has seemed to be more of a return to the classic formula..

So best way to enjoy without a doubt?

Wear ALL of them at the same time!

A dab of the Warner on the wrists, a dab of the late Cosmair behind the ears, a spritz of the early Cosmair on the neck and upper chest, the new stuff lower...(and is still safely within the gentlemanly 4 spray max rule)

Then you will have every nuance of Polo, and then some, and not have a stench cloud wafting off you, like green smoke that fills the room.

You could then honestly write a snobbish review and be correct about it.."I wear ALL eras simultaneously, to ensure I have captured every note and nuance for the ultimate Polo experience.." or some other pretentious drivel that you see in frag reviews..

How do you enjoy Polo, and what are your thoughts on the very latest? (me, I don't hate it, but understand that there was a period that some folks did not like.)

Also, thoughts on the AS and balm are welcomed too!

PS: I have noted that European Palmolive Classic shave sticks/tubed shave cream pair VERY well with the Polo green scent!

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I have latest Polo Green iteration, and like it. My only comment is that people say the Belcam knock-off is close ... and I'd concur.

AA

I have very fond memories of Polo. My teenage neighbors used to wear it. They were skeevie rednecks looking back but they always smelled like cool guys. They chewed a lot of Skoal and it was a complimenting fragrance for that. Then my best friend started wearing it. On him it was an absolute powerhouse. I never thought it was the right scent for him, but he loved it (still does) so he makes it work. I think it smells very different on different people. If you have a burly kind of body chemistry (you know what I mean) I think Polo accentuates it in an unflattering way. But if you have a fresher personal smell, and when you shower you tend not to exude very much of your own smell, Polo can be a refreshing fragrance. It isn't for everyone. In fact, I can't think of a fragrance that changes so much from person to person.

Those are my thoughts.

I don't know what to think about the latest version of Polo, I have two 2oz bottles from the late '90s that I've barely started and won't buy new ones until these are gone. I don't know which era that is.

I find them a little heavy for regular wear so they don't get out much, but the wife likes how it smells on me.

Easy.. just get the Belcam Polo knock-off.. many guys say it's very close to the olden versions.. (it totally takes me back to the 80's)

Easy.. just get the Belcam Polo knock-off.. many guys say it's very close to the olden versions.. (it totally takes me back to the 80's)
I have smelled the Belcam and I can say it is very close to what I remember. I have made a mental note to get some at some point.

Maybe I have not smelled the very latest version, but if it’s marked Cosmair, it’s good. I have a lifetime supply so I won’t buy more, but I’m glad to hear it’s back to it’s form self! One of my absolute favorite scents.

I just got the Belcam Classic Match version. It's definitely authentic vintage Polo. I am shocked at just how POTENT this fragrance is. I will be purchasing several other Belcam fragrances.

Yesterday I was surprised to see it displayed at the local Kohl's store. Is it some sort of renaissance that it's going through?

I always loved the scent on other people as it was always too strong for me. It is very reminiscent of the 1980's, a good time.

Chris

My worst memory of Polo Green were those who wore it all year long. To my nose it's NOT a summer scent. But in the winter, it was a pleasant scent.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I just got the Belcam Classic Match version. It's definitely authentic vintage Polo. I am shocked at just how POTENT this fragrance is. I will be purchasing several other Belcam fragrances.

The Belcam version of Spice Bomb saved me some money. Learned I like the bottle design more than the stuff.

AA

My worst memory of Polo Green were those who wore it all year long. To my nose it's NOT a summer scent. But in the winter, it was a pleasant scent.
It’s tough to apply a small enough amount in the summer. Heat magnifies it for sure.

Some scents are seasonal. Polo green is cool weather only. Way too heavy for hot weather IMO. There are so many nice fresh summer and all-season scents out there (Polo Blue and Polo Black :001_smile). Why limit yourself?

Cosmair green on deck for tomorrow!

Was on deck for me today! MMM MMMM good!

2 splashes of my 4oz, and 17 sprays off a 2oz Cosmair!! :D
When I walk by, it's like this:
proxy.php

:D

Was on deck for me today! MMM MMMM good!

2 splashes of my 4oz, and 17 sprays off a 2oz Cosmair!! :D
When I walk by, it's like this:
proxy.php

:D
Nice! My best friend wore Polo when we were younger. It's a Beast Mode fragrance, no doubt. On him it was positively enormous! Maybe he bathed in it, maybe it was something about his chemistry, I don't know.

I bought the Belcam and put one of his high school wrestling photos on the bottle. Cracks me up...
proxy.php

Top Bottom