What's new

Let's talk about Cow Hooves!

My dogs love them! And they are cheap. And they last a long time! But they smell like cow manure when the hounds chew on them. But that isn't the worse part. The dogs are not good about picking things up....AND...everyday...usually late at night when I get something to drink after bed time...or just at random...I end up stepping on one...or two of them. Let me tell you...you don't know pain until you have stepped on a half chewed cow hoof. Way worse than a Lego.

Last edited:
Funny. I think I will stick with cow hide or pig's ears for my two labs. I have stepped on more than a few Lego pieces and each one was plenty painful.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I'll put I a plug for elk or deer antlers. They don't smell bad, and my dogs love them, especially the split ones. Though, fair warning, I don't recommend stepping on these in the middle of the night either. I get mine on the bay that shall not be named.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I haven't bought any hooves after my labs pased . However I do remember having steped on them. The dogs seemed to know how to statigically place them between the bed and bathroom.

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
I read the whole thing, then I read a comment.

Then I realized that the hoof was IN your house.

I thought you stepped on the hoof when you went to your outhouse.

My dogs love them! And they are cheep. And they last a long time! But they smell like cow manure when the hounds chew on them. But that isn't the worse part. The dogs are not good about picking things up....AND...everyday...usually late at night when I get something to drink after bed time...or just at random...I end up stepping on one...or two of them. Let me tell you...you don't know pain until you have stepped on a half chewed cow hoof. Way worse than a Lego.

Too funny, Don. Made me LOL!

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Never tried the cow hoofes for my dogs. Are they raw or smoked?

I use to give my dogs raw canon bones. They loved them but there was a coupe of draw backs. Turbo farts and they want to go outside for midnight muchies.

They love pig ears but they are gone in half an hour.
I've settled for knotted rawhide bones. My labs take a hour or two to chew them up. I have to seperate the dogs when I feed them as Max will steal Novas bone straight away if I don't.
Max goes outside and Nova in the laudry. She always leave a little bit for him, which he takes out side when he's finished with his. So no bones to trip over and no turbo bums.
They prefer the pork over the beef and it is really good at keeping the teeth clean, which is the main reason I give them bones anyway.

Rawhide_20cm__78556_1336526276_600_600.jpg

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Never tried the cow hoofes for my dogs. Are they raw or smoked?

I use to give my dogs raw canon bones. They loved them but there was a coupe of draw backs. Turbo farts and they want to go outside for midnight muchies.

They love pig ears but they are gone in half an hour.
I've settled for knotted rawhide bones. My labs take a hour or two to chew them up. I have to seperate the dogs when I feed them as Max will steal Novas bone straight away if I don't.
Max goes outside and Nova in the laudry. She always leave a little bit for him, which he takes out side when he's finished with his. So no bones to trip over and no turbo bums.
They prefer the pork over the beef and it is really good at keeping the teeth clean, which is the main reason I give them bones anyway.

View attachment 793678
One day I will start a band called Turbo Farts

Top Bottom