What's new

Let’s see your toolbox organizers

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I’m looking for ideas to better organize screwdrivers, sockets, wrenches, pliers, etc. inside the toolbox. Google gave me some decent ideas. But I’m just curious what y’all use?

Photos would be cool.

Here is what I found on Google I’m considering getting....

D4FB19BF-58C1-4764-9251-B6E690EAF73A.jpeg

D4DC4148-27FF-4277-A348-66596189305C.jpeg
817E180D-8AE4-4597-9290-02A4BE7EAD44.jpeg
D0033718-EEBD-4516-82B8-791F08EA9FBE.jpeg

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Harbor Freight sells some nice magnetic accessories for the side of steel boxes. I have several of their items.

I need to just go walk around a Harbor Freight. I’ve been in one exactly 1 time about 7 years ago. My cousin is a manager there and can save me 20% (or 25, whatever the employee discount is). From what I understand they have decent entry level stuff. But as far as non-power tools go it’s really good stuff and great prices from what I hear.

20% is the standard coupon and available all the time. 25% is usually on holidays.

HF hand tools are very good, IMO. They are easy to get along with when it comes to their warranty.

Their selection of "one time" or special use tools is great.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
20% is the standard coupon and available all the time. 25% is usually on holidays.

HF hand tools are very good, IMO. They are easy to get along with when it comes to their warranty.

Their selection of "one time" or special use tools is great.

Well that’s dumb. It better be 20% on top of the 20% coupon. Otherwise I’m not making the trip.

Well that’s dumb. It better be 20% on top of the 20% coupon. Otherwise I’m not making the trip.
I doubt you will get 2x20% off, as some of their pricing is quite good. It is still worth a trip in any case. Maybe look at their website beforehand to get a better idea of what you might want. Though if it is an item on sale or with a special coupon they are often sold out. I have not bought many tools from them but have been satisfied with what I have purchased. In both their power tools and hand tool lineups they generally have a price/quality option of good, better, and best. So if you are buying a tool that you might only use once every 5 years versus every week, you have options.

It's worth a trip to look and see. If there's a tool in just going to trash, a drill to mix concrete or a masonry or glass cutting but or sandpaper, it's great. But for real tools, tools you want to be using 5 or 10 years down the road, I'd pass.

Oh wait. You're looking for organizers. Harbor Freight is great! Also, Styrofoam sheets cut to fit the drawers, then cut to fit the tool, keeps everything organized. And I can tell at a glance if something isn't there.

Top Bottom