What's new

Let's See Your Hart Steel Razors

Yes KW, I did consider that but the relative difference is still the same as they tape both.

But already I'm thinking in my head how I would hone this razor ( that I don't yet own) when I receive it (that comes with a great Escher edge) without tape. Then what kind of stone am I going to use and will I go to light slurry or all the way to water...

It never stops!

BTW, love those laminated scales Larry.

Last edited:
Yes KW, I did consider that but the relative difference is still the same as they tape both.

But already I'm thinking in my head how I would hone this razor ( that I don't yet own) when I receive it (that comes with a great Escher edge) without tape. Then what kind of stone am I going to use and will I go to light slurry or all the way to water...

It never stops!

BTW, love those laminated scales Larry.

You can maintain it with some CrOx on a balsa strop...

Speaking of Hart scales...I have a set of OEM Maple that I want to refinish with some sort of clear stain/sealant of sorts (do not want to change the color signifcantly). Talked to the guys at Hart; they had little clue what was currently on the wood (one guy thought it was a sort of wax??). Anyhow...any suggestions??

Does anybody know if their Hart steel makes a ringing sound if you pluck the spike? I am not asking you to I am just curious if anyone has.

I added another Hart blade. It's a "Not a replica SR" made for Baxter of California. Once I take photos I'll update here.

Here's mine. 7/8ths by JA. Can't be too many of these in NZ eh? I know cleanshaved has one but that's all. Hopefully there's more of us. Scuse the crap pic...not really my strong suit.
$Hrt.jpg

Top Bottom