What's new

Let's See Your Hart Steel Razors

i really like how the scales only have the one pin in them, really sets it apart ! General concenses seems to be guys don't like factory honing process, though.

My 6/8 with custom ebony scales and ivory wedge. I just finished them today and I like the result. $image.jpg

Made them myself. I decided to stick closely to the original design and used them as a template. I'm considering to further sand them down on the sides to make them a little less clunky. What do you think?

Last edited:
Great thread guys. I want to buy one now. I'm trying to decide between the 6/8 or 7/8 and I would like to know if anyone can mic their spine as I want to determine bevel angle. I called the company and they didn't have a mic but a vernier caliper which gave me "approximate" thickness in fractions. When I converted their fractions, I came up with .200 thousandths and .250 thousandths on the 6/8 and 7/8 respectively.

If true, that would give approximate bevel angles of the 6/8 a 16.25 degrees and the 7/8 a 17.5 degrees. If this is true, that would account for the majority of opinions that I've read that people favor the 6/8 over the 7/8 in shave performance.

Can anyone mic their spine and give me some real time numbers?

Thanks Gents!

Last edited:
Just happen to have a mic handy and my Hart 6/7 sp brushed finish is .203 @ toe & .204 @ heel. My 7/8 sp brushed is .254 @ toe & .255 @ the heel. As I am very new to shaving with straights, I don't feel competent to make a judgment on which one shaves better but I like both blades and both I'm sure shave better than my technique can do justice to. Hope this helps with your decision. All the best C Frank C

@C Frank C Thanks Mate! That's exactly what I wanted to know. Seems the guy at Hart was pretty accurate with his pinch caliper.

Last edited:
Top Bottom