What's new

Let's see your flower shots!

Sun was about to go down but I took a few quick photos of my azalea bushes which are coming into bloom. Just in time for the Masters golf tournament.
azalea-white.jpg
azalea-pink.jpg

I know most consider it a vile weed, but after such a long cold rainy spring I'm happy to see the little spots of yellow.
P1090303(r2rs).jpg

Here are a couple snapshots I took today on a quick test of my Tamron 90mm Macro. Sadly, while it's autofocus, it's a "screwdriver" lens that only works in manual on my D3300.
dandelion.jpg

Attachments

• Dogwood.jpg
    911.4 KB · Views: 1
  • Springbeuaty.jpg
    Springbeuaty.jpg
    523.2 KB · Views: 7
Another spring flower -- very short bloom period, so a better image will have to wait until next year. Probably need to find my small tripod and hope for a less breezy day so I can get more depth of field, too.
Erythroniumout.jpg

Camera was a Pentax ME, lens was Sigma MF 90mm macro, probably f8 @1/125 sec or so, film is Kodak Vision 50D 5201 developed in ECN-2 chemistry.

Last edited:
Cool shots!
Daffodil Panasonic GX85, Panasonic 14-140, 26mm extension tubes, Godox TT685o, 1/160 sec. f/13 77mm ISO 200
P1090515(r1rs).jpg

Hi everyone, first post here.

This one was taken a couple of days ago, the always trustworthy and photogenic daisy. Shot on my Olympus OM-D EM1, with the legacy Zuiko Digital 35mm Macro f/3.5 (4/3 lense, I just love them on my EM1) at f/5.6, 1/1250s, ISO 100.

P4284686
by Stefan Madru, on Flickr

Hi everyone, first post here.

This one was taken a couple of days ago, the always trustworthy and photogenic daisy. Shot on my Olympus OM-D EM1, with the legacy Zuiko Digital 35mm Macro f/3.5 (4/3 lense, I just love them on my EM1) at f/5.6, 1/1250s, ISO 100.

P4284686
by Stefan Madru, on Flickr
Very nice! Your other stuff on flicker looks great too. Love the fiddle shots, do you play? Great to see another micro 4/3 shooter, hope to see more from you. :thumbup1:

Very nice! Your other stuff on flicker looks great too. Love the fiddle shots, do you play? Great to see another micro 4/3 shooter, hope to see more from you. :thumbup1:

Cheers @troy , many thanks, glad you like them!

Yes I do play, do it for a living actually. Those pics were just an experiment, messing around with DOF and a legacy lense, can't remember right now which one.

Many thanks for your words, I'll definitely share some more stuff. :thumbup1:

Cheers,
Stefan

Cheers @troy , many thanks, glad you like them!

Yes I do play, do it for a living actually. Those pics were just an experiment, messing around with DOF and a legacy lense, can't remember right now which one.

Many thanks for your words, I'll definitely share some more stuff. :thumbup1:

Cheers,
Stefan
Nice! Concert violinist or fiddler? I've played around with bluegrass fiddle on and off for a few years. I've only gotten good enough to impress a few drunks for a short period, as long as we stay in the key of G. but still have fun with it. I really need to get it back out again, seems like its been in the case much more than out lately.

Nice! Concert violinist or fiddler? I've played around with bluegrass fiddle on and off for a few years. I've only gotten good enough to impress a few drunks for a short period, as long as we stay in the key of G. but still have fun with it. I really need to get it back out again, seems like its been in the case much more than out lately.
Concert violinist, I play first violin in our local Symphony Orchestra (Bilbao, northern coast of Spain). I have the utmost respect for folk fiddlers, the stuff they come up with blows my mind and there's technical stuff it'd take me loads of effort to replicate.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Lilac and hoverfly. Panasonic GX85, Panasonic 14-140, 26mm extension tubes, Godox TT685o, 1/400 sec. f/8 81mm ISO 200.
P1090671(r1rs).jpg

Tulip. Panasonic GX85, Panasonic 14-140, 26mm extension tubes, Godox TT685o, 1/160 sec. f/14 81mm ISO 200.
P1090760(r1rs).jpg

Here's another dandelion. I don't do much BW, but I was playing around and kind of liked the way this one came out.
P1090780(bw1rs).jpg

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Blooming onion. Appears there is an itsy bitsy spider living in there...on the left side. Looks like it may be after some kind of small flying insect.

DSC_0003 (2).JPG

Top Bottom