What's new

Let's see your flower shots!

255C1785-BBA4-44B3-9997-C91E5D955FCD.jpeg

Here's a pic. of the humming bird. You have to look close...it's just to the left of the feeder and against the background of the trees. I have another location staked out where there is a lighter background that will show the bird better and will try that tomorrow. The wings on that little thing don't look like the blur you see with your naked eye though. But focus is off.

View attachment 886556
I bet you'll get a pic of that if you catch him right. My problem is the bird is in focus but where the feeder sits means he is always a silhouette. I can't get any light on him as I'm never home at the right time of day. One day!
Humingbird Sillhouette.png

Here's a mistake that turned out kind of cool. I forgot to check my shutter speed before taking this shot, it was set to 4/5 of a second. The flash and image stabilization kept it mostly sharp, but the camera shake and the fact that I didn't realize I was hand holding at almost a second gave it a weird glow. After realizing what happened I tried to play around and do it again, but the accidental one was the best. The flowers are a little past there prime, but my wife gets them for free after the go so many days without selling.
P1080823(rrs).jpg

Flowers just stared popping here in Indiana. These are the first I've seen, just noticed them a couple hours ago.
P1090040(r1rs).jpg
Anyone else have anything coming up?

Nice to see, felt like a very extended winter. My wife tells me we have snowdrops up and blooming now, they usually show up in February but our planting was still covered in snow earlier in the week as well as getting a dusting on Wed.
dave

It's very helpful to tell us which camera and lens when you post the flowers.
I shoot on a Panasonic GX-85. I had the 14-140 f3.5 - 5.6 with 26mm of extension tubes. Settings were 1/100 sec, f20 102mm, ISO 200, no flash just sun to my back.

A bottle brush that was neglected and overgown for the space, and not blooming very prolifically. This was midpoint in a period where I started managing it and deadheading spent blooms. It increased to even a fuller set of regular blooms after this point.

5D8E8A7C-705A-41E9-8EEA-F9BB87E44678.jpeg

Top Bottom