What's new

Lets see your favorite chef's knife.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
I love my big Shun classic. Has performed great for years. :001_302:

Those Shun Classics were my first entry into asian style knives. Man, that's going back probably 20 years...

Nice knives, I liked mine. Shun was the first (that I know of) "gateway" chef knife that took design elements from German/euro & Asian style chef knives and marketed them to the west. If you notice, those Shun Classics have much more belly than traditional asian knives.

Theres a good overview/comparison here...

Last edited:
I am a big fan of Wustof Classics, but I have a few Henckels Pro-S and a Mundial or two....

0720171458.jpg

i love my JA Henckels, but prefer the GLOBAL knives: they are lighter and i like the grip.
attached is a generic pic, but of the knife I use

Attachments

• hollow-ground-santoku-knife-global-5.jpg
    hollow-ground-santoku-knife-global-5.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 19
EA13423E-0169-4746-A18A-9B304A7A4897.jpeg
1B2D0C45-F35B-465E-850F-930A34E6AA66.jpeg

My most used Miyabi Artisan and Kramer knives. In the drawer are some of my Lamson knives as well as other Kramer and Miyabi knives. The one Henkel knife is a 5” rocking santoku. I really like the rocking santoku. It’s a versatile knife and easier for my smaller hands to use than a full western chef knife. IMO the Miyabi is as sharp as the Kramer, but the Kramer is heavier and more suited to some tasks in the kitchen.

Im still on the fence and have been looking around a bit more.....like razors sometimes the eye is drawn to the beauty then the price tag.....lol.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
What the best source to buy from?

Depends. First you need to decide on what type of knife, then shop around...

chefknivestogo.com
cutleryandmore.com
Amazon.com

Those are a few. Also, if you have restaurant supply stores in your area, could be worth checking out.

Depends. First you need to decide on what type of knife, then shop around...

chefknivestogo.com
cutleryandmore.com
Amazon.com

Those are a few. Also, if you have restaurant supply stores in your area, could be worth checking out.
I have an idea of what i want so ill start with your list...thanks for the info.

Top Bottom