What's new

Lets see those 2009 Limited Edition B&B Brushes in all their glory!

So, you ordered a B&B LE '09. What do you do with it now besides enjoy the best shaves of your life of course?​

You show it off here!

Whether you got it in Butterscotch or Ebony lets see those pics in all their glory.

Here are the first 10 shots I've taken of my Butterscotch beauty:

All wrapped up. Not much to look at but the excitement was killing me!
attachment.php

Almost out of the cardboard tube!
attachment.php

Out of the tube, now I just gotta get rid of that pesky plastic...
attachment.php

Beautifully lined red Kent case and the first glimpses of the new knot
attachment.php

Tada!
attachment.php

Standing proud (pre-lather)
attachment.php

Whipping up some Proraso Red SC (In honor of June Arlington and Menthol)
attachment.php

A little lather
attachment.php

Post Bloom
attachment.php

My B&B Family of fine Limited Edition Shaving Brushes
attachment.php

So, lets see your B&B LE 2009 or 2009's if you bought more than one!
:thumbup1:

Great pictures of some distinctive brushes; thanks for taking us step by step to the grand finale.:thumbup:

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
attachment.php
[/CENTER]

So, lets see your B&B LE 2009 or 2009's if you bought more than one!
:thumbup1:

Rob, how does the 2009 compare to the 2008? In your photo the knot head seems a bit bigger, but it's hard to tell. I'd love to know if it plays out as "play it again, Sam" in terms of the badger hair, or if it's a variation on a theme? :thumbup1:

Rob, how does the 2009 compare to the 2008? In your photo the knot head seems a bit bigger, but it's hard to tell. I'd love to know if it plays out as "play it again, Sam" in terms of the badger hair, or if it's a variation on a theme? :thumbup1:

It is definitely a variation. It is equally as soft but not quite as dense feeling as the '08 (though I suspect it is, it just feels that way because the loft is a little longer). It also has a tad bit more flop to it. That said, it flew through my puck of Arlington SS this morning with style and grace and it whipped up mountains of lather with Proraso Red during my test lather and first shave with it yesterday. I think it is more cream friendly than the '08 but way more soap friendly than the '06.

Overall its a great brush. I'm still kind of indifferent on the handle shape. It doesn't feel quite as nice in the hand as the '06 for example but once you decide which grip works best it definitely does the trick. Its a little more orange in color than I expected, but it sure does stand out (in a good way) when sitting on my brush shelf with the rest of my SB's.

Overall this is another great LE!! :thumbup1:

It is definitely a variation. It is equally as soft but not quite as dense feeling as the '08 (though I suspect it is, it just feels that way because the loft is a little longer). It also has a tad bit more flop to it. That said, it flew through my puck of Arlington SS this morning with style and grace and it whipped up mountains of lather with Proraso Red during my test lather and first shave with it yesterday. I think it is more cream friendly than the '08 but way more soap friendly than the '06.

Overall its a great brush. I'm still kind of indifferent on the handle shape. It doesn't feel quite as nice in the hand as the '06 for example but once you decide which grip works best it definitely does the trick. Its a little more orange in color than I expected, but it sure does stand out (in a good way) when sitting on my brush shelf with the rest of my SB's.

I'm in agreement with this. It seems to be more well rounded than the 08, due to the extra loft. The handle isn't a "grip-it-and-rip-it" design, but I found a grip that seems to get the job done. As Joel demoed a few, I like The Boss for loading soaps, and pretty much use a modified Pencil grip the rest of the time.

attachment.php
[/CENTER]

Seems to be quite a difference in hair color comparing 2008 and 2009... I seemed to think the badger hair on the 2009 seemed slightly "browned" or, dare I say it, Orangish in the tips... Anyone else?

This post makes me happy with my decision :thumbup1: Glad you're loving it! :001_smile

The handle isn't a "grip-it-and-rip-it" design, but I found a grip that seems to get the job done. As Joel demoed a few, I like The Boss for loading soaps, and pretty much use a modified Pencil grip the rest of the time.

+1

attachment.php

Now there's something you don't see everyday. Great pic and great thread Rob.

Nice pics everyone. :thumbup1:

Thanks, Bob. :thumbup1:

SlagleRock, now all you need is the Moderator's edition 2006 and the black LE2009
heres mine before I sold her
proxy.php

Funny you should mention it. I recently purchased the Mod version of the '06 from one of my Mod Brethren. :thumbup1: I'll probably pick up an '06 in Faux Horn eventually and the Mod version to match should it ever come up available from one of my brothers.

Seems to be quite a difference in hair color comparing 2008 and 2009... I seemed to think the badger hair on the 2009 seemed slightly "browned" or, dare I say it, Orangish in the tips... Anyone else?

I think the difference in the appearance of the knot is a bit of an optical illusion caused by the added loft. If you squeeze the knot closed so it more closely resembles the '08 it looks pretty much the same. I'd say the hair/knot is definitely on par with the quality of the '08. Kent did a fine job.

This post makes me happy with my decision :thumbup1: Glad you're loving it! :001_smile

I wouldn't go so far as to call it my favorite brush but I know it will always have a home in my rotation.

Top Bottom