What's new

Let's see those #14's

I love 14's. Here's one, an old JMP DT. A true JMP with the initials on the show side of the blade. It seems to get a lot of approval because of the scales, and rightfully so. I'm not sure of the significance of the scales though I've been told that these blades were offered around special holidays or events within Spain. I would love to get confirmation one way or the other.
I was offered this beautiful Fili from a fine gentlemen in Alicante, Spain a couple of years ago. I couldn't reach into my wallet fast enough.
proxy.php
Dude, you got lucky! That's a Fili I would never ever let go, that goes for your Especial too!

[emoji115]Tough to follow a Spanish Tip NOS Iberia Cefiro, Wow! Though, she can hold her own.
proxy.php

It's actually a square point, I'm just a bad photographer.

And THAT appears to be one of the best Especials I've ever seen, she is an absolute stunner! I would say that gold wash is 100% intact-Amazing blade!

the DT had a hard life and decent restoration before I got her
the SyC was bought new by my now bearded cousin new in the early 70s.
the Friodur is a 17, but 14 sized.

$DSC_0168.jpg

Original scales with a third pin added to prevent bulging these old babies are prone to. Great shaver!

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 104
Just found this great thread thanks to drifter and efsk.
A lot of great and beautiful razors here.

Here's my #14 by Terry of Sheffield, extra hollow excellence:
proxy.php

Are there any other Sheffield #14's?

Imperial in as good a condition as I've ever seen. Imperial was before the famous Filarmonica brand.

I believe (don't quote me) that the eagle stamping on the reverse tang was JMP's fathers stamp.

Ho inventato le fettuccine Alfredo

I always thought a 14 was a huge blade until I picked up my EPBD and after the first shave I was hooked but Filarmonica made a fine razor, I have several Fili's and not disappointed with any of them.

Top Bottom