What's new

Lets praise mild razors

Shout out for these wonderful mild razors!

- Tatara Masamune Open and Closed Comb
- Razorock Lupo Aluminum
- Razorock Lupo .58
- Razorock Game Changer .68 Open Comb

I find the Game Changer .68 Straight Bar chattery on my skin. The Open Comb version is equally mild without the chatter. All of these provide me with a great worry and irritation free shave.

Nothing beats a mild effective razor with a sharp blade, in my book. I’ve tried the gamut and the aggressive ones don’t do me any favors. Who wants to shave like walking on pins and needles?

DE: Karve Solid Bar (B) / GSB

Carts: Gillette Mach 3, Sensor2+, BIC Twin Select, Shick Hydro3 Sensitive.

Yeah, I like carts.

Oh man. I am so jealous. I'm ex N.Y.er. Grew up in Great Neck. Transplanted to Denver CO. Last time I had a good bagel was....well, when I last visited N Y.
Howdy!

Was randomly scanning for info on a completely unrelated topic, but I noticed your comment! I live in Denver and I'm originally from Louisiana so take this with a grain of salt but... apparently Rosenbergs has tremendous NY style bagels. I've heard that they use water from NYC to make them but I'm not 100% sure on that. Perhaps it could be a good spot to look!

Welcome to Denver!

Since my first post in this thread, I have tried a couple of slants (one OC and one CC) and I must say both perform mildly to me but oh so effective for a close and comfortable shave with a Nacet blade. If I use a lesser blade, I get yucky tugging. The alum rub brings on no stinging which is my test for a good shave. I did a Gillette Tech/Nacet shave two days later and it gave me just as great a shave, but I give the slight edge to either slant for smoothness.

In conclusion, I think slants have a reputation for being aggressive, but that has not been my experience.

Last edited:
Top Bottom