What's new

Let's Meet Niles!

It's time to meet a long time B&B member and Moderator Emeritus Niles!

What is your real name?
James Dennard

What is the meaning of your username?
My username comes from Frasier Crane's brother, Niles, on the show Frasier. Lots of people over the years have said I resemble the actor who plays Niles (David Hyde Pierce). One of my friends started calling me Niles, and the nickname stuck.

How old are you?

What do you do in real life?
I work as a writer and substitute teacher.

When did you first start to grow facial hair, and when did it actually start to look decent?
The first time I let my facial hair grow out for more than a day or two was when I was nineteen years old. I would say it looked decent at that point. But it got much fuller with time. My father wore a moustache from before I was born until I was around twenty. His facial hair was a big reason I wanted to see how I looked with some form of facial hair.

What type of facial hair do you wear, and how often do you change it up?
I alternate between a full beard and a goatee/moustache combination. I switch between them two or three times a year.

What types of products do you use, and did you use any before you started hanging around here?
I wash my facial hair with the same shampoo I use for the hair on my head. I don't usually put anything in my facial hair to hold it. I just comb it and that's it. Other beard wearers will know a lot more about what products to recommend than I do.

Scissors, trimmer, or both?
I use a trimmer for trimming and shaping my facial hair. And I would say close enough is fine with me as far as my beard lines. The longest I've ever let my facial hair grow is around three months. I prefer it shorter, so I usually keep it at around a month's length.

Has your facial hair started to turn gray or white, if so how do you feel about the change?
In my late thirties, my facial hair started turning white. I don't mind it at all.

Do you ever shave it all off?
I used to shave clean about once a year, but I don't know if I will continue to do that or not.

Thanks for doing the interview James! I always wondered if you were named after Frasier's brother.

Hello James! You assisted me several times when I was first learning my way around B&B and I was always appreciative of your friendly help with my ‘dumb’ questions. ;) It is nice to get to know you a little better. I am a HUGE Frasier fan, btw. :thumbsup:

My thanks to you and to Troy for doing this interview.

Hello James! You assisted me several times when I was first learning my way around B&B and I was always appreciative of your friendly help with my ‘dumb’ questions. ;) It is nice to get to know you a little better. I am a HUGE Frasier fan, btw. :thumbsup:

My thanks to you and to Troy for doing this interview.

Thanks for your kind words, my friend. I was new to all this at one time, so I've always enjoyed helping new guys. I still say there is no such thing as a dumb question. And Frasier is one of the best shows I've watched. :001_smile

Top Bottom