What's new

Let's gather up the C.V Heljestrand "MK"

My two contributions a NOS MK 32 13/16 and a MK30 in Ivory.
DSC01143.JPG

Anyone who can tell what model this is, looks like the numbers are 15?
proxy.php
proxy.php

Skickat från min ONEPLUS A6003 via Tapatalk
It does indeed look like 15, which puzzles me. Most of them are unmarked, and the ones I've seen with numbers have all been marked with 16. I you google Heljestrand 15 you won't get any relevant hits. If you google Heljestrand 16 however you'll get plenty of hits. Thank you for teaching me something new about Heljestrand. You live and learn. It's a very nice shaver, like every Swedish shoulderless razor of this type I've shaved with. This 15/16 is a bit larger than the average one. Finally: The scales aren't original, but looks nice. Thank you once again.

Might use one of them on special occasions but as of now they have been sitting pretty with my nice razors. I did get this though to put into the rotation which is equally as nice

View attachment 1020856

Quite nice indeed! Good show! I just bought a seven day set of Fritz Bracht Dovo 25s that will probably meet the same fate...though I will occasionally take a week to run em all through their paces!

Vr

Matt

I have the same razor by another maker, Hellberg I believe, and it is a very sweet shaver.
AFAIK Hellberg and Heljestrand used the same forge.
AFAIK there are no Hellberg MK or BK though.

M.K. stands for Magnus Kindal the Swedish French entrepreneur that bought Heljestrand in 1925 and whose family run the company to 1979 when it closed down.
That's open for debate. If you ask the Kindal family, who still runs the shop in Paris, that's the gospel truth. B (as in BK) being the initial of a daughter or wife if memory serves.
Others will say that MK stands for Master Kaalitat et BK stands for Best Kaalitat or something like that.

In the end, this does not change anything to one fundamental truth : these are terrific razors.

Last edited:
AFAIK Hellberg and Heljestrand used the same forge.
AFAIK there are no Hellberg MK or BK though.

That's open for debate. If you ask the Kindal family, who still runs the shop in Paris, that's the gospel truth. B (as in BK) being the initial of a daughter or wife if memory serves.
Others will say that MK stands for Master Kaalitat et BK stands for Best Kaalitat or something like that.

In the end, this does not change anything to one fundamental truth : these are terrific razors.
Sir I do hope that you'll excuse me, when I state that it's a fact, at least according to the official documents in the Eskilstuna town archive. Them again let's for the sake of good spirits say that the registers are wrong. Who am I to argue? I hardly know anything about Swedish razors and their history.

Top Bottom